Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's about time


My bro Kennan, Kandyce, my other bro Brady, and Ben

My whole family (minus Greg, Bre's hubby)
I thought this pic was so stinkin' cute! Kennan and Lilli have such a mutual admiration for each other. They are always playing! It really is so sweet!

So we're here in Wyoming visiting my family. It was a nightmare getting here, but we're here and having a nice, relaxing, fun time.

Our nightmare: We left our house about a half hour later than we had planned. No biggie, EXCEPT that when we were determining what time we should leave, we had failed to take in to consideration that we had to park our van and take a shuttle to the airport. So, we arrived at the airport with 30 minutes left to get our crap checked in, get through security, hop on the tram and find our terminal, then struggle through all the people to get to our gate. The lady at the desk wouldn't let us check-in, because their policy is that if your within 45 minutes of your flight time, they won't check you in. The lady was really nice and not trying to be a butt. After all, it was our fault for being late. So we were now to wait on standby. Yes, standby!!! With three kids! And try to keep our sanity in tact! Anyway, there was one last flight leaving Atlanta that night at 7:30pm. It was booked and we couldn't get on. So we went to USO (something for military people) and they gave us a motel room for $40. We were there for 5 hours; enough time for me to FINALLY feed the babies (they wouldn't eat at the airport, too much going on) and get some sleep. We got up the next morning at 3am to get on the 6:30 flight. Made that flight. When we arrived in Denver, we missed the 9am flight out, but were able to get on the 12:30pm flight, luckily! We were very surprised we were able to get on. My dad came and picked us up and we drove the 2.5 hr drive home. Fun! Not! But we're here and we're so glad we made it alive and with our sanity somewhat in tact. End of nightmare!

My sister Kandyce got married on Friday the 7th. She had the reception the night before, which I was grateful for (and I'm sure she was too). So Friday all we had to do was go to the Logan temple and then go to a luncheon. It was nice to FINALLY get to meet Clay and see what he's all about. He's a pretty funny kid and they are so happy! Now we've just spent a lot of time at my parents. It's been very relaxing. We've gone out on the 4wheelers out behind the house, visited my Grandma Norene, went up Pine Creek (said "crick") and, like I said, relaxed. yesterday we went over to Gram's house and cleaned it up. Some electricians from Utah needed a place to stay.

Well, we're all having a blast. We still have one more week here and we're looking forward to having some continued fun! I'll post more pics later. For now, these are pics from the wedding.

2 comments:

Taffy and Tony said...

So sorry your flight experience was such a nightmare! I saw some facebook posts during all that and thought you were ALONE with 3 kids flying standby! Didn't know how you were doing that one! Hahaha
Congrats to Kandyce on the wedding. She looks so beautiful!

Winn Family said...

That sucks about the airport--I'm super sorry--good that you were traveling with Ben though right? Not to mention I LOVE the USO's---if I don't have time to go in a layover I'm pretty sad about it (I think that's mostly because of the free food though) You and your sister look so much alike though--and what a freaken awesome idea to have the reception the night before--HELLO!! I'm totally having my kids do that--cause way better! But I'm glad all is well NOW and we can't wait to have you back!!!