Thursday, April 22, 2010

The splits

Split chin that is! Today Lilli took her first major tumble. She was climbing up a big bar stool and it tipped over. We actually thought she had broken her leg and didn't even notice her chin until we looked at her face. She stood right up and was more terrified of the fall than anything actually hurting. But it was scary for my grandma, mom, and me! She didn't need stitches but we called a neighbor looking for butterfly band aids and that seemed to work. The local librarian (who also happens to be an EMT) made a house call and helped us out. Lilli cried for about 45 minutes after. She was pretty traumatized, but is otherwise ok. She just has a battle scar now!! I'll take pictures tomorrow. Things have been kind of crazy around here.

3 comments:

Taffy and Tony said...

Sorry about Lilli's chin. But I'm a little disappointed. Honestly, I was hoping for a picture of YOU doing the SPLITS!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Only on C-ville can you say the EMT is also the local librarian. I sounds so funny to think of it that way but never would have though twice about it growing up. Hope Lilli is doing better and you too. That stuff always scares me! Oh yeah and I'm with Taffy I would love to see you doing the splits!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Thank goodness for butterfly bandages and the local librarian, who also happens to be a relative of mine. :) Hope things are calmer for you for a while at least.