Friday, October 22, 2010

Our lives (in a nutshell)

I'm feeling a bit negative today, so this will be short and to the point. Of course, whenever I start a post (with no pictures) I always say I'm going to keep it short, but it rarely is. But I'll try.

Still don't know when Ben's coming home (thus the reason for my grumpy mood). Sometime here in the next couple of week, so that's good. My half marathon is a week from tomorrow. I'm nervous but just ready to get it over with. It's been fun pushing my body beyond what I thought I could ever do. 4-5 miles is nothing now!

Ben's hangin' in there like me. Just taking things one day at a time, but he's definitely ready to be home as well. 10 months is a long time to be away from your family.

Lilli loves preschool and all her friends and teachers. She's so excited to go everyday. She's getting anxious for daddy to come home and says that they're going to go to a movie in the temple movie theatre (she thinks the movie theatre looks like a temple) and get popcorn. She's learning so much and loves to write letters and spell words and draws awesome pictures. She's a great big sister and loves her brothers. She's taking ballet right now and loves it.

Alex and Aidan are getting so active. They get into everything and constantly pester each other. But also play really well together. My favorite thing is to hear them try to make each other laugh. It's the best! They're growing like weeds. Ben's not even going to know what to do with them. Alex loves to wrestle and whenever I lay on the ground he always has to jump on me. Aidan still sucks his thumb. I'm not too worried about it now. They love to say their prayers and I love helping them. It's too cute.

Well, that's it in a nutshell. I'll post some recent pictures and posts of what we've been up to.

5 comments:

Brittney K. said...

Shar Shar, we all love you and are so proud to have you as our sister and a wife to our brother. You my lovely have so much grace, you are unfailingly strong, outrageously beautiful, inspiringly curageous, and very very resillient. We pray for your little family and for our brothers safe and speedy return to you. You inspire us all by what you do every day with those babies and keeping your home in order while benji is away. I love you sis, Brit

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

I admire you and your continued persistance. Wow. 10 months. That seems so long. I honestly don't know how you do it. Hopefully the time will pass quickly between now and when Ben is home. Best of luck in your big run! You are awesome!

Randi said...

you're awesome Shari! I hope Ben gets home soon and safe! Here I am feeling sorry for myself that Brad will be gone for 5 days. That's nothing right? you're kids are so cute. Good luck on your half marathon! you're gonna kick some rear! I'll be running one that same day so literally I will feel your pain, but it's worth the feeling of accomplishment!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Hang in there. Just think how much of the time has already gone by and only 2 weeks left! You are amazing and you have a great husband who we appreciate all he does to keep us all safe.

Bart and Misty said...

You're an amazing lady Shari!
We miss you guys so much!
I made a new blog, so change my address on yours if you want to check us out from time to time... :)