Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nana's Pictures

Aidan

Alex





My mom got here on the 6th of January.  When she got in, Ben went and picked her up.  I was getting really anxious, well, on there way back to Augusta Ben got distracted chattin' it up with my mom and forgot to get back on to the freeway going the other way.  Needless to say, they made it ALMOST to Alabama before they were able to turn around.  So a trip that was supposed to take 2 hours, took almost 5 hours.  But they made it.  After giving me a quick hug, my mom just had to see "those babies."  I'm so glad she's here.  It's amazing how much relief a mom can bring.  Sometimes you just need your mommy (even as adults)!  My mom was here for 2 days and then Ben's parents flew in to town.  We all had such a blast hanging out!  It was their first visit out here to Georgia and very much needed.  Lilli and the boys were so spoiled (so was Ben and I).  I love having family around!  We had the boys blessed while family was out.  Ben gave each of the boys beautiful blessings and they looked so adorable in the little outfits Grammy (Ben's mom) got them.  It was also our first Sunday back, so of course we had lots of love from the members of the ward.  Some good friends of the Davis', Mike and Kristina Meagher, were able to come down from South Carolina and be here to support us.  We loved having everyone here to visit!  My mom is still here and we're loving having her here, though my dad is really missing her.  Ben and I were able to go out on a date last night, which was nice.  You forget how much you miss just spending time together with 3 kids to take care of.  We were very grateful for my mom in giving us that time.

The boys are getting so big.  At their last doctor's visit, Aidan weighed in at 6 lb 6 oz and Alex was 6 lb 5 oz.  So their right close together and have both gained a pound a piece.  We call them our little chubs!  They both have big cheeks and are getting some flub on their legs.  It's too cute!  I must be doing something good as far as the nursing.  It's funny, people ask how I do it, well, ya just do!  Sometimes you're only on survival mode, but you do it.  I feel really blessed to have a wonderful husband to help and my rockin' mom for sacrificing three weeks to come out here and help us.  Lilli has been struggling a little bit.  She got really spoiled with Grammy and Grandpa here, and is still getting spoiled with my mom here.  But she keeps having potty accidents and throws major fits, but we knew this would happen.  Overall, she loves on her brothers and is always saying how their her friends or their HER baby "brudders."  It's really cute!  We're all doing great!  I'm recovering really great!  I still have a little pain, but doing good.  With my mom here, I'm able to get a little more rest.  I've posted a few pictures that my mom has taken of the kids.  I'll post more pictures of when Grammy and Grandpa were here and make sure we get some of my mom with the kids too.  

20 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

So fun to read up on you guys! It was fun to see your mom at church today - she seems like such a neat lady! We'll be in and out over the next few weeks - but PLEASE call ... and I'll come and grab Lilli - or I can try 3 kids for a night so you guys can go out!

Jonathan and Rachel said...

ps... you look spectacular! I wish I were having twins to help get this weight back off!

Camille Pedersen said...

Shari, your boys are just the cutest... so sweet. I think they look a lot like Ben. I'm sure you are snagging every last nap you can while your mom is there, how nice she could stay for a few weeks. (tell her hi from me) You must be a great mom to have been blessed with twins. Keep the pictures coming, I love to see them!!

bre said...

Cute kids! Wish I could see them. You need to email me some pics you want on your birth announcements so I can make them...even if it's just for my sake. :)

Love you guys! MIss you muchly!

Lindsay said...

Shari and Ben, you two have such beautiful kids! They look like so much fun! And Shari, I saw some pics of you on Bre's blog and you look great! Can't wait to see more of your cute kids! That's fun your mom gets to spend some time with you! We really all do need our mommy's! :)

The Martinez Fam said...

Could those babies be any more adorable?!! They are so pickin' cute. It sounds like you've adjusted to having them around. I'm glad you're doing so well.

kylee said...

Those are two cute little boys! Moms are definitly lifesavers after you have a baby! I'm glad to hear everything is going so well for you guys!

Pilkington Family said...

Very very cute!!

Emily, Randy, Baby, and the Pups said...

Shari! I am so glad to hear everything is going great! Your boys are so handsome and Lilli is getting so big! Tell your mom hi and I swear I will be mailing the boys gifts soon! Love you!

Stephanie said...

Your boys are so adorable! And Lilli is such a cutie with her new brothers! I was so glad that i got to see you at church before we left, and now that we are home, I can help you whenever you need it. Let me know when your Mom is leaving!!! You are never alone...especially when you have such cutie babies! Dang they are so cute!

Gayle said...

Shari, With how beautiful your kids are, you guys should really think of having at least a dozen.
I am so glad that your mom was able to come out and visit and take care of you for a little bit. I don't know what I am going to do when I have grandkids who are not just around the corner. Anyway I am trying to up date the family list. Remind me what the twins birthday is ? Thanks, Gayle

Jennifer Sharpe said...

All of your kids are so adorable! The boys are starting to look more like Ben I think. They are sooo cute! We are having our baby on Thursday hopefully, that's the day I'm getting induced anyways. It will be fun for all of our babies to meet. Mine might outweigh them though, the ultrasound lady said she thinks she'll be 8-9 pounds I guess we will see soon. Way to go nursing two! I'm nervous about one. I'm sure Lilli just needs some more time to adjust, we are really nervous about how Keira is going to be. Good luck with everything!

Kelly said...

Your boys are so adorable. I can't believe how big they have gotten. You are doing a great job. If you ever need a sitter for the kids I would be more than happy to. Hey three kids would be a break for me. Take care of yourself.

Winn Family said...

YAY!!! You went on a date! That's so incredibly great! I'm sooooooo happy that your mom gets to stay this long and ease you guys into this huge change! She's so awesome! The pictures were adorable! Just let us know when you guys want to break out the games again---or have a laundry party or dishwashing party--you know, what ever is needed! :) We love you guys!

The Fanning's Ark said...

I just had to mention that the Saturday before the babies blessings, Shari was gracious enough to share her husband with my family to help us move. Not only that, Ben dragged his visiting (vacationing) Father along to help also!! What awesome folks. Thanks for everything.

Cordie said...

I am glad you got to spend time with family, and go on a date! Do you love Georgia? How long do you think you will live there?

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Shari the boys are adorable. Lilli of course looks like such a big helper! That is awesome your mom is there. You are amazing for being able to handle twins I feel overwhelmed with one! You're amazing!!!!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

They're getting so big! Isn't it crazy how much they change in such a short period of time? They are so cute you guys! I wish I could meet these little guys in person!

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

I'm sure you're mom is loving being there as much as you love her being there!
You look so good, I can hardly believe you just had twins!!!
We need to hang out again!

bre said...

Those pics you had done of the twins and Lilli are SO CUTE!!! You have to send me some! I can't wait to see them someday! Love ya!