Sunday, December 28, 2008

2 weeks old!

Alex


Aidan

Lilli with her new kitchen set, Christmas pajamas, and her Tinkerbell outfit



The boys are doing great!  I can't believe they're already 2 weeks old!  They are growing so big.  We took them in for their 48 hour check-up and Alex was more jaundice than Aidan.  We ended up having to bring Alex in 2 more times to get checked again.  Poor little guy!  But we're glad that he's doing great now.  They both are eating really well, and are helping me lose this weight.  I'm happy to say that after a week I was already at my pre-pregnancy weight and have lost about 7 more pounds in another week.  Plus I still have more "stuff" to lose.  Nursing twins is challenging, but I feel like it's so worth it.  For obvious reasons!  The boys are great little eaters, though at first it was a little challenging.  They both had bottles their first days in this world and had a hard time latching on.  We have our good days and bad, but when all is said and done, these little guys have brought such joy to our family!  We're so glad their healthy.  They both are getting some chubby cheeks.  I love it!  I can't help but smother them with loves and kisses.  Lilli has been really good with them.  She is such a good big sister (when she wants to be) and is always quick to give one of them their binky or give them kisses.  She's had a hard time adjusting and when she wants Mommy or Daddy's attention, she wants it now.  That's been hard for us too.  We love her and know that this is a big adjustment for all of us.  We feel so blessed to have such beautiful, healthy, happy children and know the Lord is with us!

I'll give details of our Christmas later.  I'm pooped and need to get SOME shut eye before it's time to feed again.  Thank you to all of you for your love and concern. 

19 comments:

bre said...

They are so cute! Ahhh, I want to hold them!!! I can't really tell how big they've gotten, since I didn't see any picture for TWO WEEKS!! :) jk...I was happy to get the ones I got. I loved them! They are so stinking cute. And I love the picture of them and Lilli, and the one where Alex is eating Aidan's face. So cute! I really wish I could see them! :( Glad things are going well!

And, yeah, I must have an Aunt's intuition to be able to tell the difference! :) (plus, Alex is still bigger than Aidan!) Love you guys!

Super Angie said...

Your children are precious!!!! The boys look like they're doing great, and your daughter is stinking adorable!

Lindsay said...

They are beautiful! All 3 of your kids! That is great they are doing so well! It's so fun to see pics of them! :-) Congrats again!

Brittney K. said...

WOW! They're all so big...even Lilli seems to have spouted up to help assume her big sister role! glad that all is well and that you're shrinking down again :P with the twins help. Great pics, bruce says your camera must be really good...lol and that the boys look good. Love you guys!

The Martinez Fam said...

I can't believe it's already been 2 weeks!!  They are so absolutely adorable!!  I'm glad you are all doing so great. Congrats on the weight loss too.  I am always so worried about that right after I have a baby and it seems to get harder to get it off with each pregnancy, so that's awesome.  You'll have that bikini bod in no time!!!;)

Jennifer Sharpe said...

I can't believe they are two weeks old either! They are too cute! Lilli reminds me of Keira with all her Christmas clothes on at once, Keira had a few layers on today too. I don't know if I mentioned to you the other night how great you looked! Way to go nursing the boys! It was hard for me to nurse one at first. Congrats again and let us know if we can help in any way! Happy New Year!

Emily, Randy, Baby, and the Pups said...

They are so handsome! I am so glad things are going smoothly. I miss you guys and wish you the best in your new adventure with twins! I got to hang out with Brady this past week and it makes me super sad when he has to leave!

Jonathan and Rachel said...

They are getting SO big! Can't wait to see them... and you guys again! We'll be back this weekend ... and then hopefully HOME for a little while! HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!

Jami said...

Sweet baby boys. I'm so excited to watch them grow. I feel like I can relate to Lili a bit. I know what it's like to be the big sister to adorable twins. Take care!! Sounds like things are wonderful.

Jami said...

Sweet baby boys. I'm so excited to watch them grow. I feel like I can relate to Lili a bit. I know what it's like to be the big sister to adorable twins. Take care!! Sounds like things are wonderful.

Lindsay said...

Hi Davis family! I'm making my blog private, so if you would like, send me your email address and I will add you to the list so you can still get on it! Here's my email address, dev_linds@hotmail.com Thanks! :)

Lenae said...

Hello there! Glad everything worked out for dinner, and I'm so sorry I biffed it and couldn't get you something homemade :( All your children are just beautiful and you have the best attitude! Take care!

bre said...

By the way...

Shari, your celebrity look alike is...

Jessica Biel

Just thought you should know...(I watch too much 7th Heaven, ya think?)

Love and miss you!

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

I didn't realize I hadn't left a comment. I love the pics of Alex and Aidan and Lilli. They look so cute but bigger than they actually are or at least bigger in the pics than when we talked to you on i-chat. They looked so tiny laying in your arms. But none the less, they are so cute and I can't wait til Tuesday when I can actually hold them and kiss thier cute little cheeks.

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Oh my goodness! They are so precious! I just wanna kiss them! It is SO good to hear that the weight does come off after pregnancy. I know I shouldn't worry about it, but I am SO ready to feel small again.

bre said...

ATTENTION SHARI AND BEN:

you really need an update

Cordie said...

Hey Shari,
This is Cordie from Bear Lake. How are you? I can't believe you just had twins! You have three BEAUTIFUL kids. Stay in touch!
My blog is Cordiet.blogspot.com

Jeff and Lea said...

Hey Shari, my sister Cordie said she found you and I had to take a peek. I'm Candice's (sp?) age. Don't know if you would remember me or not. You have such cute kids. I also have twins. They are my first and are girls. Hopefully they will be great volleyball players someday. Just had to say hi.

Unknown said...

I love the names you chose!! I have been away from the blogging world.. looks like I missed a lot! CONGRATS! They are little handsome boys! Good luck on the Big C recovery.. its a B-word! :)