Thursday, June 17, 2010

Utah Valley 5K




I ran my first "real" 5k. It was the Utah Valley 5K in Provo. Nobody ran it with me and I was a little nervous. I had a really bad headache the night before and then woke up the day of the race with a sour stomach. But I got over it. It was just nerves, I think. I did meet some very friendly ladies and that helped calm my nerves. When the race started, I just ran and ran and ran. The adrenaline was just a pumping and it felt good. I'm still not sure what my time was, but I'm hoping it's better than my training times. It was fun and I can't wait to do it again.

I'm running a half marathon at the end of October in Greenville, SC. I'm so excited! Nervous but excited!

1 comment:

Randi said...

awesome job! race times are always better than training times, so I am sure you did great. Its an accomplishment either way! btw your kids are so cute!