Sunday, January 13, 2008

The New Year 2008!

I know, it's been a while since I've updated my blog. Things have been pretty crazy lately! We rang in the New Year at the Bastian's house. It was a blast! The kids were all busy playing games, so we (the adults) were able to play our own games. We had TONS of yummy yummy food! Goodness, there was a lot of food!!!!! We stayed until Lilli started to crash (crash as in, cry over EVERYTHING). We ended up leaving at around 11pm. I was surprised she lasted THAT long. We got home, put Lilli down, and then stayed up and watched the ball drop. Then Aaron ended up coming over and he and Ben played FIFA08 on the Wii. That was fine with me, because I was going to bed anyway, and Ben was working nights. So I guess it worked out for both of us. I was thinking that I would regret staying up that late, thinking Lilli wouldn't sleep in, but she ended up sleeping until 10am. YEA!!!!! That was kind of nice.

Today, Ben was on his way home from church (Lilli and I stayed after to go to choir) and our car just died. Last night, we were coming home from our totally 80's ward party, and the car started over heating. So I'm wondering if the two incidents are related. Hopefully there's nothing too serious with the car and the fixing it costs won't be more than the car is worth. I keep praying that everything will be fine. We need that car to last us ATLEAST another 2 or 3 years. Hopefully!! Luckily, Kirk and the missionaries had passed and stopped and towed us all home. Yea, that was an adventure. So tomorrow, Ben is taking it in to the shop to get fixed. Please, everyone pray for us!!! I know it sounds silly, but we need your prayers. I'm totally stressing out here. I'm just worried about the costs, as I think anyone would be. It's been a good car and I've had it since 2001. I don't know. Maybe it IS on it's last leg. I hope not!

Coming up in March, I've been asked to teach a class at our stake's annual Women's Conference (they have about 6 classes, and you get to pick 2 to go to). It'll be a one time class for those young women who will be graduating and going into Relief Society. I guess the stake relief society presidency wanted someone who was younger and enthusiastic about Relief Society. Apparently, my name had been brought up, the stake president approved my name, and here I am. It's pretty crazy, but I'm excited to be able to do it. I'm glad that I was asked so soon. I have time to really prepare and decided how I want to approach it. If anybody has any suggestions, I'm totally open. But I thought that was exciting that they asked me. I'm looking forward to it. They want me to give a short bio and picture of me. That part I'm not too excited about. What would I put in my bio?????? I'm only 26 and haven't had any great life's accomplishments or experiences. Oh well. I'll think of something.

This year, in June, Ben will have been in the Air Force for 4 years. It's crazy how this time has flown. We'll have another two years. After that, who knows. He's talked to a lot of people about the different options we have. So far, we've decided we're either going officer side (commissioning) or re-enlisting. We're not sure. Today we talked a little bit to Jay Johnson about going airborne side (sorry for those of you who don't know what that means, I don't even think that I really know what that means). We don't know. There are so many options. Or, we could find a job civilian side. It changes every single day. We'll see as it gets closer.

Lilli is getting so big. Right now, she really loves bubble baths. She gets so excited. She could stay in that tub all day if I let her. She's definitely talking better, and I can actually understand what she's trying to say, SOMETIMES! Sometimes I can't and she gets frustrated and starts throwing herself into walls. Yeah, not fun. It makes me angry when she does that, I just have to ignore her or put her in time out. Though it is funny when we put her in timeout, she immediately says sorry. Unfortunately, it doesn't teach her anything to let her get up just because she says sorry. It's funny though! She's got quite a personality, but she's so stinkin' cute!! I just love her!!!!!! The other day, she kept saying Nana (which is what we call my mom or it's a banana). I figured she didn't want a banana, so I asked her if she wanted to talk to Nana. So she brought me my cell phone and she kept saying, "Nana! Papa (which is what we call my dad)!" It was really cute! That's my girl! She'll be 2 this year and that scares me. My baby is getting big!!! I guess it's time to have another one!!!!!!! hahaha

Anyway, I'm looking forward to 2008. I hope that I will always strive to be a better person and strengthen myself physically, spiritually, etc. I hope that I can strengthen my family, that we can be stronger in the Gospel. We're trying. I think that's all that matters. As long as we're trying to do a little better each day. So far, this year has been a challenge, but I know we'll get through whatever comes our way. Happy 2008! (I'll post pictures once I've loaded them up on our computer).

2 comments:

Emily, Randy, Baby, and the Pups said...

Shar, I miss you! You have got to be kidding me about only being 26 and accomplishing anything!! OH BROTHER! You are an amazing example and friend......that is something to be proud of. Not to mention, a mother, coach, college graduate, card maker, sister, wife, friend.....the list could go on.....love ya!

Winn Family said...

AHH, you're the perfect choice for the Womens Conference. You'll be great. How fun/scary/awesome/stressfull/(mostly awesome)
But I'm so sorry about your car. It will all work out though, you're an awesome example of faith and just optomism. So...you're awesome! Good luck with everything