Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentine's Day, and play date madness!

Valentine's was good.  Lilli got a package from my parents full of awesome goodies.  She got a Strawberry Shortcake plate, some awesome sunglasses, a card, and a Winnie the Pooh puzzle, or Pooh poozle (as Lilli likes to say).  Ben and I also got cards.  Thanks, Mom!  Ben and I didn't get to go out like we had planned.  We even had someone to watch Lilli and everything, but I got sick.  Gosh!  I have to ruin everything!  Ben was pretty bummed, but I seriously wouldn't have made it.  So that's on hold.  But I did get him a CD, the new Jack Johnson CD (he has to play it ALL the time).  He got me a movie, Becoming Jane.  Still haven't seen it.  Maybe we'll watch it sometime.

Last Wednesday we had some new friends over for dinner, Jonathan and Jasmin De Guzman.  They have an adorable little girl, Kai, who Lilli just loved, and then one on the way.  The two girls fought, but had fun too.  They're originally stationed in Maryland but had come down on TDY for a week.  Ben met them on Sunday, and knowing how it is staying in a motel and eating out all the time, we had them over for dinner.  It was a lot of fun.  They're such a great family and we are so glad we were able to get to know them and build a friendship.

Yesterday and today I watched my friend Raquel's son, Matthew.  It was actually nice because he and Lilli kept each other entertained, yesterday.  They are a hoot.  I went upstairs into Lilli's room (where all the toys are) and it was a DISASTER!!!  Seriously, it looked like a tornado came through.  I had them help me clean it up.  While we were cleaning up, I got a phone call from my friend, Hannah (sorry I sounded so flustered Hannah, you know how kids are :)) and they (the two mischievous little things) decide they're done cleaning and went downstairs.  As I was on the phone, I could hear them opening and closing the storm door.  I was afraid they would let our dog out so I go down there and tell Lilli to stop.  Then I looked out the door and Matthew was standing outside.  I was wondering why Lilli kept saying, " Bye Massew!"  

Later on in the day, I was talking to Raquel, and all of a sudden I hear a boom, then Lilli says, "Oooooo, sou okay?  Whenever she gets hurt, we always ask her if she's okay.  It was so cute.  I was able to get some housework done and disinfect my house a little bit (after being sick for 4 days, the house was gross) too.  I still have more to clean, slowly but surely.  In fact, I should be doing that now, while Lilli is asleep.  Nah!  I'd rather be doing this.  Lilli and Matthew kept each other busy, and that was a nice change from having Lilli sit and watch movies while I get over my sickness.

Today was a different story.  Those two fought like cats and dogs.  He would steal a toy then Lilli would scream.  And then vice versa.  I only had Matthew for a little bit, but man.  It was madness!  

1 comment:

Bastianclan said...

yes it sounds crazy. I am glad you are feeling better. Sorry to hear about your valentines date...
Your blog is so cute...
Tina