Sunday, February 24, 2008

Re: Tagged

Hey, Everybody! Ben's first blog entry! I'm finally getting around to responding to my tag. Here goes. Enjoy!


What were you doing 10 years ago?  


10 years ago, I was a busy high school junior. Having just finished the football season I was looking forward to the upcoming track season. Looking back, I really didn't have a care in the world. I had a part time job working for Fred Meyer, and a pretty active social life. I had sort of made a habit of inadvertently stealing girlfriends. I had recently had my heart broken by a girlfriend who shall remain nameless, and had decided not to date exclusively until much later on. I didn't put much stock in the exclusive rights of other guys to date any one girl. I would simply ask a girl out and she would say "yes". It's a good thing that Shari and I didn't go to the same high school. Her boyfriend would have been in trouble, that's for sure!


5 things on my list of things to do today.


1. Pack my lunch for work tomorrow.

2. Spend some "quality time" with Shari.

3. Come up with two more things to put on my list.

4.

5.


5 snacks I enjoy.


1. Nuts, especially almonds or pistachios

2. Welch's Berry Medley (dried cranberries, blueberries, cherries, and golden raisins)

3. Cheese

4. Smoothies

5. Cucumbers or other raw veggies


3 bad habits.


1. Correcting people - this usually has to do with a person's use of grammar or pronunciation when

speaking. It's terribly rude, I know. The worse part about it is I've never conserted myself to rid myself of

it. I've done it as long as I can remember. It's one of those obsessive-compulsive things I can't bring

myself to give up.

2. Blowing my nose in the shower... WHAT?! The steam from the shower makes it so much easier to clear

it all out. I highly recommend it!

3. Leaving nail clippings around the house - Shari will usually find them on our duvet cover or step on

them. That is if Sid doesn't dispose of them first. He usually will lie in front of me as I'm clipping and will

run off with the bigger nails.

If I were suddenly a billionaire...


First, I'd pay off all debt. Get a larger house; large enough to comfortably accomodate a growing family. Then I would put the money to work for us by investing it. I'd put a fair amount away towards the kids' college and mission funds. Next, I would buy Shari a ridiculously large diamond, you know, something that would tide her over for a good 20-25 years. I'd have to donate a generous amount to fast offerings or church humanitarian aid. I'd make sure my and Shari's folks were set and taken care of - house, health care, that sort of thing. Finally, it's time to acquire a few toys... I've always wanted to build a home recording studio and collect guitars. I'd have to build a home theatre with stadium seating, projector, snack counter, the works. A home gym would be nice, to include indoor and outdoor pools, running track, and soccer pitch. Yep, that's a pretty good start...


Five places I've lived.


1. Nebraska

2. Washington, The State of

3. Rio de Janeiro

4. Idaho

5. California


Five jobs I've held.


1. Courtesy Clerk (a.k.a. "Cart Monkey"), Fred Meyer

2. Membership/Front Desk, World Gym

3. Interviewer (a.k.a. Annoying dude that calls during dinner), Rexburg Phone Center

4. Corporate Trainer (a.k.a. Guy that trains those annoying dudes), Dakotah Direct

5. Evening Freight Crew (a.k.a. Magic Elf that restocks the grocery shelves at night), Broulim's


Five things people don't know about me.


1. I went to state with the dance team during my senior year in high school (and not to watch)

2. I played in a band in college (not the marching kind)

3. I was 21 before I experienced my first brain freeze.

4. I broke my weight class record for power cleans at 265 lbs when I was 18. The previous record holder at the time was my

next door neighbor and had held the record for more than 10 years.

5. I'm really not as cool as people might think I am. I'm really just a big nerd.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

okay really? a growing family? Nice blog... good for your first time! lol

Pilkington Family said...

dude, who are you kidding...nobody thinks you're cool! and i know the truth about what you'd do with a billion dollars, waste it on soccer jerseys...don't lie.

Unknown said...

Who's Ben!? Oh yea.. this was great. Ben you should start posting more often! And, The first step in recovery is admittance... about the whole correcting thing.. now I'm nervous about this post.. how many mistakes are there!?

Beej said...

I always knew that you were a nerd. But I guess that's why we got along. Thanks for blogging, Ben. It's nice to hear from you, too.

Emily, Randy, Baby, and the Pups said...

Ben.....your such a nerd! Loved the post, you should do it more often. I think I might need to call you when I need help with my grammar.

bre said...

Ben, my dear brother in law....your bad habits kinda gross me out. Sorry to say, but they do...but it's okay, i still love ya! hope you are all well!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!