Thursday, March 20, 2008

Women's Conference, Soccer Trip! BUSY!

I feel like my life has gotten crazy and busy.  Noticed how I didn't write crazy busy, just crazy AND busy.  Let's see where do I start.  Ben left for his soccer trip Friday morning.  I had tons of errands to run trying to get ready for my class for Saturday's Women's Conference.  After 2 hours of Ben being gone, I called him ready for him to come back home.  It felt like he had been gone for forever.  Anyway, Lilli and I played outside for a while that day with our good friends Megan, and her two daughters Abby and Emma (Aaron, the husband also went on this trip).  Then I had to go the stake center and get set up for my class.  We get home and I put frozen pizza in the oven when Megan calls and invites us over for Domino's pizza.  That was fun!  We were there for a little bit then it was time for Lilli to go to bed.  Then I studied and talked to myself and went over my lesson for a long while.  I was so tired, but had to get up at 6:30am to get ready.  My morning wasn't too crazy, like I was expecting.  Thankfully, Ben got a babysitter to watch Lilli, his totally awesome (and brave) cousin, Lex.  She's living here in Augusta and is a lawyer.  Anyway, Megan and I drove to the Conference together.  I seriously was shaking so bad I was nervous!  We had the main speaker and I had to sit up front in the chapel with the other teachers.  I was very intimidated!!! Then it was time for the classes to start.  I was SO NERVOUS the night before, and felt little comfort because Ben was gone.  Of course I talked to him on the phone, but it wasn't the same.  Anyway, I had 11 ladies there (6 were Laurels).  It was nice to have a variety of people, the older women were able to talk about Relief Society from their point of view and let the girls know how much they really do have in common.  Anyway, after the class was over, I was sweating profusely but could finally breathe.  I guess it went okay.  Everyone came up to me and told me I did a good job.  It's over and I know the Lord was with me (Ben said he was praying for me all day, sweet hubby!).  So later that Saturday, we had a Tornado Warning.  The news was telling us to get in a closet and wrap up in blankets and coats.  Megan and he two girls were here.  We were pretty nervous, but made it thru okay.  It would have been nice to have our husbands there with us.  Well, this is getting to be a long blog and I know some of you don't like reading long blogs with no pictures.  Sorry.  I'll post pictures and some cute video of Lilli singing her ABC's later.  And better explain how crazy life has been.  It's wonderful too!!

3 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Shari - I was thinking about you guys during the Tornado warnings - Jonathan was at work - and I was thinking -- what happens to all of us ladies if the tornado comes!! Thankfully our prayers were answered -- and especially from the closet! Hope you have a BLAST on your trip! We'll miss ya -- Rachel

Winn Family said...

I'm so glad your class went well (I knew it would--you're awesome!) but I guess--I'm glad for you that you did it and it's over! And I seriously wished that I was a laurel so I could have gone---now I see that I could have anyway! Dang it. Anyway--I know you were totally awesome and I'm glad Ben's back and life is normal? ya? no? Anyway--you're awesome!

Jonathan said...

Tornadoes? I didn't know you guys had tornadoes! Well, glad to hear that you guys are safe and all is well. We're excited to hear you might be in DC/Maryland area in July. Just give us a call when you get here, we'd love to have you over. Jasmin is due mid-June so we should have two playmates for Lilli! Hope to see you soon.

Jonathan, Jasmin & Kai de Guzman