Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sidewalk Chalk






The other day I took Lilli out to do sidewalk chalk. I made sure that she wasn't wearing anything that I would really care about getting chalk all over (as you can see, she was a mess). She had so much fun! It was cute to see her imagination come out (even though all she did was just scribble, but still.......). In a lot of the pictures I've noticed that her hair looks awful, so I actually did it this time. It's so curly, but it's just big curls, so it's really cute when I actually put stuff in it. Anyway, she loves being outside. I do too. Being in the house all day makes me stir crazy. Luckily it's been really nice and so we've been able to get out. It's just been the last day or two that hasn't. We've had some severe weather warnings and tornado warnings. In the middle of the night last night, it was so windy I thought maybe there was a tornado or something. I had to turn on the tv and see (there wasn't). Ben was hoping that yesterday would be a good day so we could make our own kites and go fly them. I guess in Brazil, people would made some really beautiful kites and then have kite fights. Kids and adults would glue glass onto their kite string and try to cut each other's kites down, pretty crazy. But because of the weather, we didn't. I swear I sound like the weather channel. Anyway, I'm getting nervous for next week's Women's Conference. I have to teach a class (one-time only) and I feel so unprepared. If anyone has any ideas for me as far as getting the Laurel's excited about coming in to Relief Society, Please let me know. I've never done a class like this, and it's been a while since I've attended a class like this so I'm not sure how to make it fun and exciting. I'm still excited though. Ben has started another class. Human Anatomy and Physiology. He's pretty stoked about it. We're still waiting to see if he's going up to Washington D.C. or not for that class. We're hoping to find out next week. He and some of his buddies are going out of town next weekend. They're going to Tampa, FL for some soccer games. I guess the U.S. Men's team is playing. They're only staying for a day, which isn't bad, but it's going to be an expensive trip. I'm sure they'll have fun. As for me, well I've joined a Biggest Loser program with some ladies in my church ward. I've only been doing it a week and have only lost 1.4 lbs. I know it's not very much, but at least it's a loss and not a gain. I only have about 48.5 more pounds to go!!!! I know it's a reachable goal, but it's tough to stay motivated to work out every day. But I'm doing it and I feel better doing it. It's fun and we all pretty well motivate each other. Wow, this is a long blog. Sorry everybody! The next one's will be short. I'll try not to wait so long to blog next time.

5 comments:

Ashlie said...

Those pictures are plum adorable!

Good luck with your talk. I'm so not envious. I was in young womens for three years and they kept pushing the whole make them feel welcome coming into relief society thing. I always felt like saying, time to grow up and stop passing notes, but apparently that wasn't what they were looking for. Sorry, I'm no help!

Ashlie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashlie said...

Okay I don't know what just happened. Sorry!

Ferret said...

A loss is a loss. You can do it! It's hard with kids and lives, but it can be done. I have had some set backs, but I always try to get right back into my routine.

Bastianclan said...

You go girl. I know several of us want to go to your class but nope only laurels what is up with that? YOu are going to do awesome. I know it. I can't wait to hear about it. You are amazing. Congrats on your loss.
Tina