Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Updates Updates Updates

I know it's been a while since I've last blogged, but it's hard to when I don't feel very good.  This week has actually been okay as far as being sick.  Yesterday I felt pretty good, so I took advantage and cleaned the house, had some friends over, and let Lilli play in the pool.  I think the hardest part of being sick is that I can't do things with Lilli and keep her entertained.  We do a lot of sitting in bed while she watches her Playhouse Disney, and Dora while I'm trying not to throw up.  I swear I have every episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse memorized.  Today I felt okay, so I pulled out the finger paints and let Lilli go to town.  She had a blast.  She was jumping on the table and was so excited.  It was fun for me to see.  We've been swimming a lot and playing in the water.  It's easier for me to let her play in the pool so I can just sit and relax.  But she's getting so big.  She's learning so much.  She knows how to count to ten.  Today she turned around to us and said, "Triangle."  Sure enough, she was holding a triangle shaped sticker.  I was so amazed!  It's also been fun to hear her have actual conversations with my parents and family over the phone.  She answers questions and tells them what she's doing.  It's so cute!  Today she talked to her Aunt Paula.  It was fun to hear her talk.  

Ben just finished a really hard class called Political Geography.  It was really hard and he was really stressed out about doing well in it.  Tonight he called me from work and said that he missed getting a full A by 3/4 a percent (he's been waiting for his professor to grade his final paper).  I was so proud of him!  He now has an overall GPA of 3.93 or somewhere around there.  He's so smart and I'm so proud of him.  I can't imagine having a family, finishing your school, AND working.  He's leaving for Washington D.C.  on the 15th (Father's Day) and will be gone for 6 weeks.  I'm not looking forward to being away from him for that long.  I've been trying to find a good price on tickets for Lilli and I to fly back to Wyoming for a month.  I really want to go.  There's nothing like Mommy taking care of you when your sick (when your husband can't), plus Lilli will have her aunts and uncle (and Papa) to play with her.  That will ease my mind knowing she's having fun.  I guess we'll see.  It's a little frustrating.  Haven't found tickets and an affordable (and AVAILABLE) price.  

That's about it for us here.  I do have pictures but I haven't downloaded them yet.  Someday.  We're just trying to survive.  

4 comments:

bre said...

Hooray!! you're still alive! I'm glad you were feeling better today. hopefully you just keep getting better. Love and miss you lots!!!

Brittney K. said...

i'm sorry you're feeling so yucky! You can do it! honestly tho- i'm glad you're sick for this very particular reason! you're baking me another Davis baby to love and show pics of! i love love love you and hope u feel better soon!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

I was wondering were you disappered to. Hang in there. Your amazing.

The Martinez Fam said...

Hey there. I remember the days of popping movie after movie in for Mylee while I lied on the couch and tried not to puke when I was pregnant with Kaybree. It's sure not much fun. Hang in there!! You should totally come to Cokeville while Ben is gone though. Then I could see ya. I know ya feel yucky, but maybe we could get together!!