Sunday, May 25, 2008

Look for the sunshine through the clouds

I think in our times of trial, we are so focused on those hard times that we forget about the many blessings we have.  Lately I have been having a really hard time with being sick (yes, morning sickness has been worse this go around), feeling so tired all the time, crying all the time and feeling hungry all the time.  I was telling Ben last night that my emotions are out of control.  I just feel out of control!!  But I've been thinking a lot about a Relief Society lesson our R.S. President shared about looking for the sunshine through the clouds.  It was such a good lesson, and obviously I needed to hear it.  So I'm going to list 10 things I've been blessed with.  Here goes, in no particular order:

1.  I have been blessed with a very loving, supportive, patient, intelligent, willing husband (I could go on).  He has helped me so much, even as simple as getting me toast in the morning so I don't throw up.  What a sweetheart!  I don't know what I'd do without him!

2.  I have a beautiful, healthy, happy little girl who brings such joy in my life.

3.  I am a member of the only true church, and feel the blessings as I live my life the way I'm supposed to.

4.  I have a wonderful family (both mine and Ben's) who are supportive and I know who pray for us everyday.

5.  I have all that I could ever need.  A beautiful home, a running car, food, clean running water, etc.

6.  I have wonderful friends who are concerned and worried about me, and who seem to know just when I need them.

7.  I have been blessed with the simple things, like the Disney movies to keep Lilli entertained while I'm sick in bed (she watches them in our room so I can lay down).

8.  I have a healthy body.  

9.  I have one beautiful baby, and now have one on the way!

10.  I have a loving Heavenly Father who is aware of my trials, afflictions, and sicknesses and has blessed me with the comfort I need to get through each day!

Remember, look for the sunshine through the clouds.

11 comments:

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

You're amazing! Love Ya

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

I wish I were there to help you out and take care of you and Lilli when Ben is at work. Miss you guys and love you all!! MOM

Ashlie said...

Oh man, I just got sympathy nausea. I'm very sorry! I'm dreading having any more kids because last round was so miserable! My grandma would say to me, "this too shall pass." I repeated that to myself who knows how many times! Keep lookin' for that Sunshine!

The Martinez Fam said...

Wow. What an uplifting post. I'm sorry you're so sick. It really is hard to be so sick that it makes the simplest things seem so difficult. Keep your chin up!! Hey, only what, 5-9 weeks of sickness left? Okay, that doesn't sound so good, so hopefully you can keep your positive attitude up!!:)

bre said...

Hey sister, sorry you've been so sick! Maybe you should send Lilli out here to stay with me for a while.. :) Hope you get feeling better soon. In the meantime if you need a little extra help around the house, i'll let you buy me a ticket to fly out there!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Unknown said...

What an uplifting post.. I hope things get better for you, just keep thinking of the outcome! I had to chuckle a little bit about you saying your always hungry and always crying.. somehow in my mind I thought you cry because your hungry..

Emily, Randy, Baby, and the Pups said...

Thanks for the post Shar! You are a special person and I love ya alot! Hang in there!!!!

Tiffany said...

FYI.. I changed my link location name.. Just thought I'd let you all know! Add this link to your blog! welovetheredsox.blogspot.com love ya, Tiffany =)

M&M-Maloy said...

Hey Shari, What a great post. Also, i hope you feel better soon. Keep us up to date with everything. Love ya.

Nacey family said...

Hey Shari, its Jesika Nacey (Mackey). I saw your blog on Ashlie's. Your daughter is adorable, holy cow, what a cutie. I had no idea that you were in Georgia. You guys look like you are doing great. I know all about the morning sickness. I just finished up a bout that lasted until I was 15 weeks. I am now 18 weeks so its still fresh on my mind. Not fun! Hang in there.

Jesika

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

that is so awesome that you're pregnant with your second baby. I def can vouch that being at home is awesome when your hubby is away! Well the best alternative that is :)

thanks for the continued support with ty and I. Did i ever mention my dad was in the navy???yeah so this whole military is no new thing to me!