Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cokeville Trip Part II

This last week has been a pretty eventful week.  We decided that Monday we would go to Bear Lake and let Lilli play in the sand and swim.  The water was pretty chilly so she spent most of her time playing in the sand, which is her favorite thing to do.  My sister Breanne drove down from Logan and met us there.  It was a lot of fun to have her there.  We had a great day at the lake.  Some of McKenzie's friends found us and swam with us.  We were there for about 5 or 6 hours.  On our way home we stopped to get shakes and then headed home.  We were all exhausted by the time we got home.  We were planning on going camping the next day, but that didn't happen.  All of us, except Mom, forgot or rather just didn't put on any sunscreen.  Thankfully I had my arms and shoulders covered,  but my legs were bare.  I did put sunscreen on my face.  Anyway, Tuesday I could barely walk my legs were so burned.  I looked like a lobster.  2 days later, Thursday, I was walking a little better and we headed up Pine Creek Canyon and camped for the night.  Well, barely.  We got up to our campsite, set up the camper, then hung around until our tinfoil dinners were ready.  Lilli was running around like she owned the place.  She was having so much fun.  Then it was time to go to bed.  No problems, except for the fact that she had her jelly shoes and her feet were filthy.  So I had to wash them.  There was no way I was going to let her put her gross feet in our bed.  So we all went down pretty good until at around 12:30am, I had to go potty.  So my mom and I went outside, I came back and got in bed and it was all over.  Lilli woke up, disoriented, cold and scared and wouldn't stop crying.  She cried until my dad suggested I take her home.  Then Lilli was happy.  No lie!  She knew!  So I drove the 20 minutes home to find the door locked (My sister Kandyce had gotten home from coaching a vball camp and locked the door).  So I banged on her window for about 5 minutes until she got out of the shower and heard me.  We FINALLY got in the house and I laid Lilli down in her bed.  She was out in no time, but only after she said hi to Kandyce.  The rest of the night was very nice.  Then Lilli and I went back up to the campsite and ate some pancakes and eggs.  Note to self: either don't take Lilli camping OR take Lilli camping MORE so she knows what to expect.  It really was a lot of fun though.  We just stayed for one night, which was plenty.  Then Saturday we headed up to Logan for my other sister McKenzie's 15th birthday, and to see Breanne.  We at Olive Garden, then spent the next 5 hours shopping.  It was a long day, but really fun.  Lilli and I fly back to Georgia this coming Wednesday.  We've had such a good time here it's going to be sad to leave, but I'm ready to get back and await Ben's homecoming.  I'm sooooo excited!  Today, during my nap, I had a dream that Ben was flying out to see us here in Wyoming.  As you can imagine, I was very excited.................then I woke up to realize it was only a dream!  I was very disappointed.  

Well, here is another montage of pictures from our fun happenings.  

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like such a fun vacation! Going home is always nice! And the pics are way fun! :-)

Jill said...

Looks like you are having a great trip. How are you feeling? I hope things are going good for you and I hope you guys have a good trip back home.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

We're all excited you guys are coming home! We've sure missed you guys ... see ya soon! -- Rachel

Jessica said...

That is quite an eventful week! I can't wait to see you!

Trent & Emily Davies said...

I just heard the news on the babies...congrats!! If they are even half as cute as little Lilli you are going to have your hands full when they get older!!!

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

Dang it I knew someone would beat me to the punch on the congrats with the twins. How freakin awesome is that. Keep us all updated!

M&M-Maloy said...

Shari and Ben.

CONGRATS on the twins. That will be so fun for you..(when they are older). Good luck and keep us posted.

Marcie & Mike

bre said...

Good Heavens! News travels fast! Does that mean I can post it on my blog? I was gonna wait for you to post it, but since people already are...I just might!! I still have a hard time believing it...but I'm excited! You can just have all the babies in the family...I'll just be the favorite aunt! :) love you!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Your little family is so cute, and congrats on Baby #2!

Ashlie said...

Shari!!!! Holy cow and wow! And wow again! The Cokeville grapevine is on fire and I didn't believe it so I made my mom confirm with your mom. Oh my love of all that's good!

I don't know how you're feeling about the whole deal. I would guess shock but here's what I've always told myself about twins. It's a two for one pregnancy deal. (I'm guessing you've got to feel the same way I do about pregnancy.) It's one less round of barfing and heaving, etc, etc. When you think of it that way it starts to sound fairly appealing. Ohhhh it will be so great and if they look anything like Lilli well look out world!

Congratulations Ben and Shari!