Thursday, February 19, 2009

All right All right

I tried something different with her hair, but you can't really see it.  It was cute!  She's such a cheeser!


My Alex.  He's such a chunk!  He's my smiley guy!


My little Aidan.  He will give me a smile every once in a while, but is still more serious.


I know it's been a while.  Again.  I just feel like I have no time to just sit down and blog.  But this is for mine and Ben's families.  Our family is doing good.  We're FINALLY adjusting to real life and it's actually been and okay transition.  Lilli is doing awesome with going potty in the potty.  I'm doing good with taking care of 3 kids by myself during the day (and at night).  Ben is continuing to do awesome at work, so I guess all in all, we're doing awesome.  I have to say that Lilli has been a good girl and let's me feed the babies without getting into too many things.  She listens better and I know that's due to an actual punishment when she does something wrong instead of just threatening.  We've definitely had to learn things as time passes, what works and what doesn't.  

Ben is leaving during the summer.  We're not sure where, or when, but he's leaving.  It's either for a month, or 2 months.  We find out next month.  He's also getting promoted to Staff Sergeant come the first of March.  We're pretty excited about that.  We're also changing career fields, if we can.  Kind of, but not really.  He'll still be doing what he does now, only in an airplane.  And he'll be gone a lot more.  I'm okay with it BECAUSE if we're staying in the Air Force, he'll have to be deployed at some point, and quite often anyway.  It's still going to be hard, but we've prayed about it and we both feel this is what we need to do.  It will take us to Offut AFB in Omaha, NE,  most likely.  Ben has some family there so that will be nice and we both feel like that's where we need to be.  Then, hopefully, going air borne will allow us to go overseas.  We're hoping to change to "air" here within the year.

Lilli is so funny.  She amazes me all the time.  She's so smart.  Last week, she got into something she wasn't supposed so I yelled at her.  She looks at me with big ole tears in her eyes and says, "Sometimes you make me sad. "  What do I say to that?  It was hilarious.  AND THEN, she was whining about something and I looked at her to get her to stop and she says, "Mom, just let me cry!"  Oh my goodness!  I had to turn around so she wouldn't see me, it was so funny!  I love that girl!  

Alex weighed in at a little over 9.5 lbs at his appointment last week.  What a chunk!  I put a onesie on him that 0-3 months and could barely get it over his big noggin.  Then when I finally got it on, it was skin tight.  It was so cute!  He's a cuddler.  He nuzzles his little nose in my neck.  I love it!  He smiles all the time.  And he works his magic.  He'll be crying in his swing, so I'll go to pick him up.  As soon as I pick him up, he gives a little smirk like he knows he just worked me.  I'm a sucker for his chunkiness!  

Aidan weighed in at a little over 8.5 lbs at the doctors.  He's not as big as Alex, but still just as cute.  He's just started smiling now and I love it.  He's still more serious, but Ben was like that when he was a baby.  He has this whining thing down.  It's so funny, sometimes.  He still feels so little to me and I love it!  He makes a lot of noises when he sleeps.  He's always groaning or something.  Both babies are so fascinated with Ben.  They'll stare at him for hours.  They're probably sick of looking at me.  Every 2 hours, at least.

I'm doing good.  Yesterday and the day before that were a little rough, but I'm doing good over all.  I have a good husband who gives me breaks and helps me out when he can.  We've all been sick.  First Lilli, then Ben, then the boys, and then me.  I was so sick 2 days ago with a migraine, chills, and little fever.  It really sucked, plus I had the babies and Lilli to take care of.  Ben had to sleep at some point.  I was definitely in survival mode that day.  Because of that, my milk supply has been really low.  It sucks because I'm drinking so much, I swear I constantly have a water jug in my face.  Hopefully it will come back soon.  I was proud of myself yesterday.  I cleaned the house (it was a disaster after 4 weeks of being sick) finally, PLUS I gave 3 kids baths all by myself.  I really felt a sense of accomplishment.  I know it's probably silly, but not to me.  I really felt good, especially coming from being deathly ill the day before.  Okay, not deathly, but pretty sick.  I'm hanging in there.  I love my little family.  They bring such joy into my life.  and they love me no matter what!

18 comments:

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

Wow I have been to that base in Omaha. I lived with a friend in Bellevue just on the other side of the freeway from the gate. Its a nice base from what I saw. I would use the commissary and it was not too bad...the PX wasn't bad either. Anyways it can be really pretty there. GOOD LUCK! plus congrats on keepin up with your kiddos!

Lindsay said...

Shari it's so fun to hear about your cute little family! You sound so busy but so happy! I'm glad things are going so well for you guys! You guys seriously have the cutest kids! :)

Lee said...

I'm glad your surviving! It sounds like your handling things really well, it is quite an adjustment to go from one to two but three has to be harder. Tell Ben congrats on making Staff Sergeant!

Gayle said...

Your kids are darling. I always knew that you were going to be an awesome Mom. Congrats on the promotion and good luck with the move when that comes. You are always so positive, I can always count on a great uplifting comment from you, no matter who you are saying it to. Love Ya.

The Sparks said...

You kids are adorable! They're just so cute! I could only imagine twins and trying to potty train another one but you are handling things so well. You're amazing!

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

I can't believe how much the boys have changed. Alex is so chubby and Aidan looks so much like Ben here. Lilli is just as cute as ever. Cute Kids!! Thanks for the post! Love and miss you guys!

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

I can't believe how much the boys have changed. Alex is so chubby and Aidan looks so much like Ben here. Lilli is just as cute as ever. Cute Kids!! Thanks for the post! Love and miss you guys!

Cordie said...

You guys are busy! Your kids couldn't be cuter, and good luck with the job and changes to come!

bre said...

So...I thought I left you comment...guess not..unless you deleted it, ya big jerk! JK! :)

But what I said was....

Alex looks like Lilli did, and Aidan looks a LOT like Ben! I love their dark skin...they're the cutest. I want to see them! :( They are getting so big!!

And also something about sending me CD's of every single picture you've ever taken of my adorable niece and nephews! okay?

Love you and miss you!

Stephanie said...

You are doing so awesome Shari! You have accomplished a lot. Enjoy those accomplishments no matter how small you think they are. I'm always impressed by you!

Winn Family said...

Wow--that's lots of news lady! A#1--Ben said you'd talked about going airborn but I had no idea it was so sure and soon! Wow--B#2--why does Ben have to leave? You can come live with us while he's gone--then I can help--it makes total sense! And C#3--you're such a good mom and I'm sooooooo glad things are starting to click and work and Lilli's doing so great and the boys (sorry about the milk supply--that's lame!) I just heard a big crash or I'd write more--you guys are fun--oh, and sooooooooo lame that you guys were sick--sorry--that sucks--okay seriously, I better go check that. cya

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Glad you guys are feeling better. You are an amazing mother and sorry to hear Ben has to be gone. I am sure you will have a lot of help! How soon would you be moving to Omaha?

The Martinez Fam said...

You're amazing!! Keep hangin' in there. I still wonder how you do it all with twins--like I said, you're amazing!!

Micaela said...

Shari! I hope you don't mind- I found your blog through Cari's and thought it would be nice to see how some other people from Monterey are doing. Congratulations on the twins! You guys have such cuties!
And yay about Omaha! There might not be many of us that you may remember out here- a lot of us are leaving this year (hopefully us too), but it is an amazing area!! Especially for young kids! And just for a plug in- Bellevue 2nd ward is awesome!
Anyway, I know I'm totally admitting that I'm blog stalking and you might not even remember me, but if you want some more info about the area, you can email me at micaelatice@hotmail.com
(oh, and sorry- but I don't have a blog to share or else I would totally invite you to see it. Someday... :) )

Brittney K. said...

Hello SUPERMOMMY! Wow, i hope i'm as good at one as u seem to be at three! I love you and am proud that u take such great care of my Big bro and all those babies! all the while finding time to keep lookin fabulous! Great job! Hey if i wait to vivist u when ur in Omaha then i can see Grandma Jimmy and all the family then...thank u for making my travle plans easier ;) love u guys!
P.S if ur sis get a CD of pics...can i have one too? its only fair ;)

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Haha, those are definitely some cute kiddos!

Breanne Aullman said...

Lol..Brittney, IF I get a copy, I will personally make a copy of that copy and mail it to you myself (I'd say deliver it myself..but that probably won't happy...)BUT...That way Shari doesn't have to do more work than she has to....deal?! :)

Camille said...

Yeah, I live in Omaha and Micah and I love it! We have some friends that work down at the base one is a doctor and my next door neighbor is going to be doing dental work there and another girl in our ward already works there as a dentist. Shari you guys will love Omaha and the area there is tons of stuff to do here. Let me know when you guys come to town. (And it's not to bad of a drive to home only about 13 hours.)