Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Langley AFB

The boys in their make-shift crib.





About 4 weeks ago, Ben had won "Airman of the year" for his squadron (out of over 300 airman).  We were pretty proud of him!  His squadron had a luncheon and an awards ceremony where he got a cool trophy.  Well, about 2 weeks ago, Ben was informed by the commander that he not only won for his squadron, but he won for his group and was now up for "Airman of the Year" for the wing.  The Wing was paying for Ben's way up to Langley AFB (in Virginia) to attend the banquet.  So... last Wednesday, Ben and I and the babies made the looong trip up there.  Our good friends, the Winns, were nice enough to watch Lilli for the 3 1/2 days we were gone.  I know... they are totally awesome!!!  Anyway, we got there late Wednesday night (about 9pm).  They put us up in the Marriott.  Thursday, Ben was able to take a tour of Langley and meet with the wing commander there.  He said it was pretty cool.  I just vegged in the motel room.  Then, we got all dressed up, took the babies to a friends house, and went to the medal ceremony.  All the nominees got a really cool medal.  Then they had a "social hour."  I hate social hour.  Most of you know I'm pretty shy at first and, when you don't know anybody it's a little awkward.  But we got through it and were able to take pictures.  We had a nice dinner then some entertainment.  It was kind of crazy to see these colonels and such letting their hair down and jammin' out, just being crazy.  The guest speaker was a 2 star general.  His talk was pretty cool.  He's done a lot and told a lot of stories about what Ben does and how it effects those soldiers actually over there.  Ben really is saving our soldiers' lives (not just Ben, OBVIOUSLY).  Then they had the awards.  Ben didn't win, but his commander and all his superiors that went, were all really proud of him.  It really was a big deal and I'm very proud of Ben and all that he has accomplished.  I know that he works hard to take care of his family and he's doing a dang good job of it!  Great job honey!

P.S. He looks so stinkin' hot in his uniform!  Honestly, I don't think there's anything sexier!


14 comments:

bre said...

Ahhh, congrats Ben! That's so awesome! We are ALL so proud of you! Thanks for taking care of my big sis and my niece and nephews! Love you much!!

By the way Shari, you look so pretty! I miss you guys SO MUCH!!! (ahh, here come the tears! :)

Ashlie said...

Shari, you look fantastic! And I must say, in a non kinky way of course, that Ben does look pretty great in that uniform. Congratulations to both of you!

Trent & Emily Davies said...

That is so awesome...Way to go Ben!!! You look hot too for just having twins...way to go sexy mama!!

Winn Family said...

Look how aewsome you guys look in your fancy clothes! woo woo!!! Aiy Aiy! Congrats and your awesome and we really like you guys!!!!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Holy Smokin' Hot Shari. You look absolutly amazing!!! The boys look adorable too. Congrats to Ben that is a great acomplishment. Tell him thanks for keeping us safe! Anyway you look great! Miss ya.

Amy said...

Wow! Congratulations. That sounds like so much fun. You two are awesome!

Cordie said...

WOW, that is pretty impressive, congrats to Ben!

Layne and Lorrie said...

Congratulations, Ben! What an incredible honor! You guys look awesome! Shari, you're beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Shari, you look so awesome. Wow, I wish I looked that good after just having a baby, and you just had twins...KUDOS! Congrats Ben! That is so cool! We have some of the coolest guys in our ward, so many are always being recognized for excellence in their fields, it's really impressive! That says a lot about the awesomeness of Ben and the others! You guys look so cute together! How fun that you got to go!

Jennifer Sharpe said...

Congrats Ben! And Shari you are so brave to go on a trip with such little babies. I'm a wimp I probably would have made Lee go by himself. Your a good wifey!

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

You guys look HOT all dressed up!!! I'm sure all the other wives there were staring at how amazing you look for just having twins! I'm glad you got to go! Those type of awards and events make you so proud of your honey!
I'm sorry you miss your mom. She sounds so awesome, but you are amazing and you will get the hang of things!

Jaclyn said...

Shari! I was so happy/surprised to hear from you! Your kids are so adorable. And that's cool you're a military wife too. We're going to be moving out to Alabama next fall to Fort Rucker so we'll sort of be in your neighborhood. I'm glad you're doing well and hope you don't mind if I link.....!

bre said...

I need pics! I can't remember what my niece and nephews look like... :(

Love you!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Good job Ben!!!!