Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I want my mommy!




As most of you know, my mom was able to come here to Georgia and stay with us for 3 weeks.  When I first had the boys, we got in to a routine and I thought, "Okay.  I CAN do this."  And then my mom came.  It was so nice to have someone here 24 hours a day to take care of the boys, help clean, play with Lilli (or keep her entertained), letting Ben and I go on a much needed date night (TWICE), taking one screaming baby while I have the other, or sometimes taking both crying babies while I slept, helping with the cooking, getting up with Lilli at 4 in the a.m. and snuggling with her, etc.  I could go on and on about all the ways she helped and the things she did.  3 weeks is a long time to get used to the totally awesome help.  And now that its gone, or rather, now that she's gone, it's been really hard adjusting to "real life."  It definitely makes me wish we lived closer to family.  My mom hasn't even been gone a week and I feel like I can't do this.  Now before you go feeling sorry for me, I do have a wonderful husband who helps any way he can.  AND I have wonderful friends who are more than willing to help.  Ben has the next week off so that SHOULD give me enough time to adjust.  Even though I'm sad, devastated, distraught, scared, etc that my mom left, I'm so glad she CAME.  And even though I'm not a first-time mom there were still things my mom still taught me while she was here. What a great mom I have!   Oh and I should give a shout-out to my dad and Kennan and McKenzie (my youngest siblings) for letting her come.  I know it was hard not having her there and we really appreciate it!

4 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Don't you just LOVE mom's! PLEASE let me make you guys dinner - AND come grab Lilli for a day! I'll call! Lots of Loves to you 5!

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

Thanks Shari for the post! I wish you guys lived closer too. I surely miss all of you and thank all of you for putting up with me for 3 weeks. Ben is a real sport. I love you all and wish I could do more to help. give them cute babies and Lilli lots of hugs for us. Give yourself one too!!! Love lots, MOM

Lindsay said...

Oh how fun to have your mom there for 3 weeks! What a fun time for everyone! I love your mom, she is a great person! I enjoyed her in YW! I love the pics! So fun! I bet everyone wishes you lived closer too, but glad your mom got to visit!

bre said...

Referring back to the other post...If you're gonna start pawning of your children...I'll take them! :) haha jk...I'm sure you're doing great! Maybe if Lilli weren't so much like her momma, you wouldn't have to worry about her so much! :) I love you lots..if you need me...let me know!