Thursday, January 14, 2010

First of the year updates

I know it's been a while. Things have been very very crazy! To say the least!

Here's what's going on in our neck of the woods:

We found out about 2 weeks ago that we will be moving next January to.....(drumroll)........Omaha, Nebraska!!! We're actually really excited about it as we will be closer to family, halfway across the country instead of on the other side of the country. Ben's got grandparents, aunts and uncles living in Omaha as well, so we're are looking forward to getting to know them and hanging out. Very exciting! On the other hand, that means we'll be leaving all of our wonderful friends (family away from family) here in Georgia. Bittersweet!

Christmas was good. We were all better (just for that week) and it was fun to see Lilli's reaction to her toys. I'll post more about it later, along with pictures. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years!

Ben: is now in Omaha with some training. He's been meeting up with all of his relatives there and is loving it! He's there for another week and a half and then heads to Mississippi. He's there until April, then he leaves leaves. We're hoping to be able to see him a few times while he's in Mississippi. He'll now be flying and gets to wear the flight suits and flyer jackets you seen on tv. He's pretty excited about that. But with him being a flyer, that means he leaves for months at a time. As much as that will stink, we both feel this is what is best for our family. The process has happened so quickly that its hard not to believe that. The Lord has let us know this many times. We miss Ben and are so proud of him!

Shari: I'm hanging in there. The kids have been really really good (knock on wood) and I have many friends who are more than willing to lend a helping hand. No matter what. Ben's only been gone half a week (I'm laughing at how ridiculous I sound), but its hard. I think it's harder knowing that he's going to be gone for a while. But thankfully we get to go back to my parents for about 4 months. I'm excited about the instant help I'll have and missing the ridiculously hot and humid summer here in Georgia. I'm hoping that once we get in to a routine I can start sewing. I've found that I really like it and like seeing the results of my work. It's awesome! I'm also hoping to start a work-out routine. I want to run a couple 5K's and eventually do a half-marathon, full marathon, and then a triathlon. But I'm starting out at a 5K for now. Anybody have any ideas as to how to STAY motivated??!?!? Warning TMI----I'm officially done nursing and am so excited about the freedom I have. It takes 10 minutes to put the boys down instead 45 min. It's fabulous! I feel like I finally have my body back! Thus the reason I want to start working out again!

Lilli: is busy busy busy and very very social! It's hard taking her anywhere because she has to stop and talk to EVERYBODY! No joke! We went to the Dr office and the gentleman at the desk had a bandaid on his nose and Lilli starts asking him about his owchie. Oh my goodness! Everyone loves her though. She's so friendly. For this exact reason I need her in school (next year, Pre-K). I know she'll love it! She misses her daddy a lot. When we dropped him off at the airport she burst in to tears! It was so sad, but she seems to be adjusting okay. She loves her brothers, but sometimes gets frustrated with them when they steal her stuff. Sometimes she and Aidan will have screaming matches. It's actually quite hilarious!

Alex: He's a monster! He constantly steals Aidan's toys but screams when Aidan tries to take them back. He'll literally attack Aidan. He's got this laugh that is so funny. He sounds like Count Dracula from Sesame Street (or whatever that puppets name is). At his 1 year check-up he weighed 18lbs 8 oz. Not sure how long he was. He's now drinking cow's milk and would rather drink than eat. We're working on that. But he's funny and is just as social and smiley as Lilli was.

Aidan: He's my little sicky. At his 1 year check up he was severely under weight. He weighed just over 16lbs. He is one inch longer than Alex though. Anyway, because he hadn't gained any weight (he'd actually lost weight), the dr had us do some blood tests to see if there was something else wrong. We found out that he is anemic and had a really high white blood cell count. We had to go in later and get some more blood work done AND get a urine sample (using a catheter). This all happened the week before Ben was supposed to leave. Anyway, we haven't found out the results of the most recent blood tests. But Aidan has another appointment with the dr in a week and a half. I'm hoping we'll find out then. He's been on iron drops AND antibiotic. He eats A LOT! Yesterday he ate 1.5 pkg of the instant oatmeal, a whole pb & honey sandwich, chili, plus drinking milk and eating snacks in between. I'm praying he's gaining weight and that his iron is going back up. We go get more blood tests next week. Aidan is a little bruiser too! It seems he's always falling, getting bumps, scrapes and bruises. Poor kid! He's such a mama's boy and I'm okay with that. He's my youngest and it's just hard seeing him with all these health problems. I'm hoping he'll grow out of it though!

So that's it. That's what's been going on in the Davis household.

7 comments:

Brittney K. said...

Shari! Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that you guys are adjusting. Hope aidan gets to feeling better, as for the clumsies....he may have gotten that from me ;) i did break an arm walking u know.... i miss u guys and am glad you will be closer, if i put it off long enough, i'll be able to see EVERYONE when ur living in omaha! loves to you all!

Taffy and Tony said...

I've been wondering what's going on with you guys--or what the timetable is anyway. I went and saw your parents' house over the break--SOOO nice! And just in time to have lots of room for you and your kiddos. We'll have to get together sometime while you're in Cokeville. About the running motivation--you've already done the most motivating part in my mind by setting a goal to do a race. Then I stay most motivated when I have a goal each day rather than just putting in the time. So just see maybe how far you can go in 30 minutes. The next day, try to go a little farther. Every day that I improve, I'm more motivated for the next!

bre said...

Thanks for the update! It's good to know what's going on with you guys. Glad Ben is enjoying what he's doing (despite being away from you guys of course!) Love you ben! Maybe when you come up we can do a 5K together or something...I want to get motivated as well...Maybe that'll give us something to look forward to! Let me know. I miss the kids and can't wait for some pics (HINT HINT!!) Love you guys!

Amy said...

You have a lot coming up. My heart goes out to you about being away from your husband. It is hard. That's exciting you are going to Omaha. We know people who have gone there and who like it. Best wishes to you!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Hang in there! Although I have no idea how you do it, I know you are a wonderful mommy. I'm sure you are very excited to spend some time with your fam and have their help. :)

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Sounds like you guys are as busy as ever! Hope Aidan gets feeling better! You are awesome and I am sure you are doing a great job! Although I only had one child Mike was gone for a summer while he was in school with Annali and I in Montana and it was hard but for some reason it seems like you just do what you gotta do and you don't think twice! Hope you have a great time in C-ville with your family!

Randi said...

you're such a trooper Shari! wow you guys have so much going on. I wish you the best of luck with it all, especially little aiden hope he does ok with all the tests. I am running my first 5k in a week from now and a 1/2 marathon in April. One thing that motivates you is signing up for a race, you have to pay and it commits you so you have to keep on top of it. It is hard finding time with kids- good luck!