Friday, July 16, 2010

Seattle Aquarium and the Duck Ride

Aunt Paula and Lilli
Aidan with Grandpa

Us in front of the aquarium. The boys were more fascinated with the fountain.

Day 2 of our Seattle trip we went to the aquarium. The boys really liked it. It was a bit more interactive for them. I didn't get any pictures inside. It was really small but just right for the kids. After the aquarium, we went to the farmer's market they have there. We got the best homemade mac & cheese and saw the fish being thrown. It was so fun! I wish we could have spent more time there. Then we went to the community center (I can't remember what it's called) where they have carnival rides and a big After that, we went on a "duck" ride. You get an interactive tour of Seattle and all it's famous sites in an old WWII military vehicle that goes both on land and in the water. It was so much fun! Alex loved it and Lilli had fun dancing with the music that was played. If you're ever in Seattle, definitely go on the duck ride. It's so worth it. We were all a bit grouchy before, but perked up after. It was so fun!

The rest of our stay with Ben's family was so much fun. My brain is not functioning right now, so I'm not going to write everything we did but we had so much fun! Oh we also got to see our friends the Brimhall's. They were in Georgia for a bit and are now in Washington. We haven't seen them in over a year, but it was a bummer because the kids had been sleeping and were really cranky when I woke them up to see them. I felt really bad! But it was good seeing them anyway.

We had dinners at my sisters-in-law houses, went shopping, got spoiled, and just had a great time! We're definitely looking forward to our stay over Christmas. I think I've convinced them all to run a 5K race as a family. I think it'll be a lot of fun! Anyway, we were sad to say goodbye but are looking forward to December when we'll ALL be there! Thanks for a fun stay Mama and Papa D (and all the fam)! We love and miss you all!

No comments: