Saturday, July 3, 2010

Visit with the Davis'



Aidan, Jaden, and Alex enjoying their ice cream.


Gina, Paula (my sisters-in law) and me with the kids.

Me, Gina, Vicki (my MIL), and of course Aidan, my nephew Jaden, and Alex.
My SIL Brittney made this adorable Barbie cake for Lilli's b-day.

The last two weeks have been so much fun! The kids and I were able to go up to my in-laws and visit. We drove up with Gram and Gramp in their huge motor home. It was nice to have the room, but the kids wanted to walk around and the road was bumpy. But, like I said, it was nice to have the room. Anyway, the next day my MIL took Lilli to a little place called Monkey Doo's where they did her hair like a princess, put make-up on her, and painted her fingernails. She looked adorable! And had a blast. Sunday, Father's Day was also Lilli's birthday so we had a celebration for her. My SIL Brittney made her a Barbie cake and Lilli loved it. When she first saw it she was so excited. She definitely got spoiled! The next week, we went to an open gym where the kids got to play with toys and jump around. We went with my SIL Gina and her son Jaden. He's about 4 months older than the boys and a total tank! He's so cute and has such a fun personality. The kids all got along really well......for the most part. There were a few fights, but what can you expect from a 4 year old, 18 month olds, and a 22 month old. Anyway, we got a surprise visit from my other SIL Paula. Well, it was supposed to be a surprise but it was spoiled. It was so fun to see her. We went swimming in a wade pool at one of the parks there in town. Grammy (my MIL) bought the kids ice cream and the boys had a hay day with them (as you can see in the pictures). We also went to Seattle and spent time at the zoo, the aquarium, and went on what's called a duck ride. I'll post pics and more about it. We had such a great time there and wish we lived closer to family. It's so hard saying goodbye to everybody, but we're grateful for the time we get to spend together. I love Ben's family and all the support and love they give to us. They're so wonderful and we all enjoyed our stay with them.

3 comments:

Brittney K. said...

It was so much fun to see you guys and FINALLY get to love on the boys! The excitment on Lilli's face over that princess cake was worth everything I own, I definitley got the best out of that transaction. Thanks for coming to check out the new digs and eating our BBQ, next time I will buy the chicken breasts myself just for you to mutilate =) Am sad I didn't get one last love from all of you on Thurs before you left (blasted WORK!), but we are looking forward to Christmas. Love to you!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Yay! Gotta love family. It is hard to live far away from them, though. Glad you got to spend some good time with them. :)

Winn Family said...

Cute cute cute! I loved that cake--it was freaken awesome--so...why no swimsuits at the pool? Not planning on swimming huh?