Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fun Day!

So today was a pretty fun day!  This morning I took Lilli to story hour at the library.  She loved it.  At the end, they sang this song with actions and she was right up there trying to do the actions.  The lady that was telling the stories was laughing at her.  Lilli actually did pretty good.  Then we came home and I HAD to clean the house.  It was gross, so I did that while Lilli was running in and out of the house in the back (telling Sid what to do).  Ben left for work after about an hour into her nap, so I had time to really clean and eat and take a little break.  When she woke up we spent a lot of time outside.  She was picking these dandelions we have in our back yard and rubbing them on her head, of course making her head all yellow.  I put three in her hair, one on each side of her head, and then one on top.  I have pictures I'll post later. It was really cute.  Then I gave her a popsicle, that she got all over our carpet (I was folding laundry in our bedroom during all this) so I had to clean up that mess.  I don't know why I thought this day was so fun but it was.  I'm pretty sure Lilli had fun too.  We played with her toys and read books.  It was just a good, fun day!!!!!  What a sweet little girl I have!  I feel really lucky!!

2 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Shari -- I'm glad you guys had a fun day! I often think at the end of the day -- today was such a fun day, but realize I mostly cleaned, played toys, cleaned played toys some more - I guess that's our NEW definition of fun :) - Rach

The Martinez Fam said...

You are just the cutest mom! Isn't it fun when we put forth even the tiniest effort to do something our kids enjoy? They love it and I always end up loving it too because it makes them so happy!! And it seems like the simplest things are what make them happiest!