Saturday, April 12, 2008

Married 3 1/2 years

This was taken when we went on a boat ride in the San Francisco Bay, about 3 years ago (I couldn't get one of our wedding photos uploaded, sorry).

We were sealed in the Mt. Timpanogas Temple (my favorite temple).

What is his name?  Benjamin Scott
How long have you been married?  We have been married almost 3 1/2 years.  Our anniversary is December 18th.  Wow!  
How long did you date?  Well, we first met my sophomore year at BYU-Idaho (almost 6 years ago).  At one point he had a big crush on my roommate (they hung out a lot, just as good friends though), and I was dating one of his roommates for a while.  There was also a time where he was trying to set me up with one of his friends from his ward.  We were always just good friends.  We lost touch for about a year, and then I saw him January of 2004 and we started hanging out.  So we officially dated for about 4 months before we were engaged.
Who eats more sweets?  Ben's really never eaten a whole lot of sweets, so I guess I am.  But not anymore.  I'm trying to lose weight.
Who said "I love you" first?  He did.  It's actually quite a funny story.  Or it wasn't funny at the time.  We were talking and all of a sudden he said, "Shari, I have something I need to tell you."  I wasn't sure what to expect, but what he said TOTALLY surprised me.  He said that he thought we should break up.  I was in shock, not to mention tongue tied.  All I could squeak out was an okay.  Then he laughed and said, "What I meant to say was, I love you."  LAME!!!!  I was so mad!  I told him I couldn't say it just yet.  It took me a while, especially after that.  Can you blame me?
Who is taller?  Definitely Ben.
Who can sing better?  Ben can.  He's got a beautiful voice.  My voice isn't too bad, but I would never sing a solo in church or anything.  Ben definitely could.
Who is smarter?  There again, Ben wins.  He's so smart.  He's working on getting his B.S. degree and so far he's got all A's.  Right now he's taking some hard classes (Anat and Phys and Political Geography), and is doing well in them.
Who does the laundry?  I do, though Ben's not afraid to help if I can't get to it.  
Who pays the bills?  I do the budget, Ben does the bills.  I'm starting to do them though, just so that when he's gone to his class in D.C. I know how to pay them.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?  Ben does.  It's closest to the door (he feels that he should be closest to the door in case we have a break in or something).  But that will change once I get pregnant again.  I'll have to get to the bathroom several times during the night and it will just be more convenient for me to be on that side.
Who cooks dinner?  We both do.  I cook more now, but when we were first married he did.  He's actually a really good cook.
Who drives?  We both do.  I just drive from the backseat (or the right front passenger seat).  He gets so mad, but I really am trying to work on it.  
Who is more stubborn?  Definitely Ben.  Lilli gets it from him for sure.
Who kissed who first?  He kissed me first, but at the time I wasn't ready so I told him I wanted to wait.  I kissed HIM 2 weeks later on Valentine's Day.  
Who asked who out first?  He asked me out first.  We watched a movie at his apartment.
Who proposed?  He did.  He flew down to Amarillo (where I was doing an internship, living at my BFF's Emily's parents' house).  He had planned a big extravagant proposal, but it didn't work out.  I had just gotten out of the shower one night and saw a note on my bedroom door saying to go out into the living room.  So I went and he was sitting on the couch.  I went over there and he asked me.  It was a nice, simple proposal.  I was just excited to be able to spend time with him before leaving again.  I wasn't sure when I would be able to see him.
Who wears the pants?  We both do.  We have an awesome partnership, just the way I think it's supposed to be (we're not perfect, but we support one another). 

3 comments:

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

That is a great photo of you two. So Adorable. It was great to read about how you met. I don't think I knew any of that. I am so happy we are in contact now. It has been way to long.

Unknown said...

So, we have not gone grovery shopping for WEEKS and i'm starving earlier this afternoon, I was looking in the closet to see what I could come up with... hmm.. tomato soup.. gravy.... cookies... rice.. WAIT.. RICE and TOMATO SOUP! You know, it was good.. and very filling!

Your pics from Wyoming turned out way cute!

Winn Family said...

That's sweet! I loved reading about your love story! ADORABLE. You guys are super cute! Yikes, I can't believe he said we should break up first--I bet you were so freaken out! But wonderful that it was followed by an I love you! You guys really are so so so cute!