Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Riverbanks Zoo







So yesterday Lilli and I were able to go to the Columbia, SC Riverbanks zoo with some friends. Unfortunately, Ben wasn't able to come with us.  He had to work.  But we had a blast!!!!  We got to see the elephants, lions, bears, and we got to feed the giraffe's and goat's.  Lill loved it!  She wasn't scared of the animals at all.  When the giraffe stuck out its tongue and grabbed the lettuce, Lilli laughed so hard.  She didn't pull away or anything.  Same thing with the goats.  I wish that I had gotten some pictures of that.  It was funny!  We also were able to get up close and personal (minus the big glass wall between) with the gorillas.  We watched them being fed.  Lilli kept yelling, "Gorilla!!  Come here!"  and kept putting out her hands, moving her fingers for them to come to her.  It was cute.  We both had a lot of fun seeing all the animals.  I think I had more fun watching Lilli's reaction to the animals.  

hkfdsxju9jim9uju9mzcghfdcx   c (this is Lilli gibberish, she wanted to type something so here it is)
We had a really great day and enjoyed spending it with really good friends, but we missed having Ben there to spend the day with us! 

10 comments:

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

You two are so cute. I love the zoo I can't wait until Annali is old enough to know what it is so we can go to one. Did you stop and say hi to Zack and Krista while you were in Columbia? They are coming back in a few weeks. Yea! How long will you guys be in Georgia? Anway I loved the pictures you look like the funnest mom ever!!!!

The Martinez Fam said...

Hey, it sounds like you had a fun day! I can't wait until it (hopefully) gets warm enough for us to take the kids to Hogle Zoo. You are such a cute mom. I love your haircut!!

Ashlie said...

Shari you're so stinkin' hot! That last picture is adorable. And Lilli's pretty cute too. ;)

Jill said...

Hi Shari, it's Cody and Jill Cotten. How are you? Cody wanted me to say hi. Where do you guys live at? Your little girl is cute! We would love to hear from you.

Emily, Randy, Baby, and the Pups said...

So fun! looks like a cool zoo. And your hair is super cute!!!

bre said...

You look so cute in those pics! Lilli is just a doll too. I miss you guys!! Haha, I was listening to my voicemail today and I had a message from Lilli from when she called when you guys were here. It was so cute!! Haha...she's getting too big! Love you lots though!

Jessica said...

I sure will email you the pictures of Lilli feeding the goats- it was really funny!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Hey, we are going private with our blog and I emailed Katie to see if she has your email address so you can see our blog. anyway I hope she has it.

--- said...

hey i am ben's last missionary companion, just cruisin' around to see what B. Davis is up to. -Sheldon

Unknown said...

I havent been to the zoo in forEVER! We tried to go on sunday but even sunday was WAY crowded.. maybe soon though! I wish Kennedi was older to understand the animals.. I'll think of it as building her vocab!