Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Another Ultrasound

I know I have a lot of catching up to do.  I still have pictures from Ben's graduation and also Halloween.  I'll post them later, because I know you're all just dying to read my blog and then you will have something to look forward to.  

Anyway, yesterday we had another follow-up ultrasound.  The babies are still growing good.  They're both almost 4 pounds a piece (well, 3lb 11 oz and 3 lb 7 oz).  That's almost 8 pounds of baby right there.  And boy am I feeling it!!!  One of the babies (Twin A) has made his way right down into my pelvic area (he's dropped a lot since my last ultrasound) and the other (Twin B) was kind of head down as well.  Twin B's head was in the side of the other, so Baby B was basically in a ball sideways.  I told Ben I was going to try to manipulate BB so he was head down as well.  That would be a perfect scenario.  I would no longer have to choose if I wanted a C-section or naturally (w/ an epidural OF COURSE).   I would definitely go natural.  We'll see.  I have another dr. appointment next Monday and she'll be able to see how BB is positioned.  I'll be having regular weekly appointments from here on out, which is comforting.  I'm pretty big (bigger than my picture, if you can imagine).  Ben says I'm as big as I was with Lilli days before I had her.  So.........I'm huge!!!  We're getting anxious and excited for their arrival.  I feel like they're constantly battling for good positioning in my belly.  It's crazy!  My whole body moves when they're duking it out!  Anyway, babies are healthy!!! 

3 comments:

bre said...

So, I had this dream last night that you had your babies. You named one "Goodness Fay" and the other "Boston Alex". Please tell me those aren't the names! The second one is fine, but the first is HORRIBLE!! Anyway, the smallest one (Goodness) weighed 8 lbs, 7 oz. and both were already moving around like crazy. Crawling, alert, etc...

Just thought I would let you know what you have coming!!! :) Love you! Glad they're healthy!

Jennifer Sharpe said...

I can't believe your babies are already three pounds, that's really good. That's so exciting, they will be here before you know it! If you need help with anything let me know. If Lily ever needs someone to play with I know Keira would love to play with her.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Shari - Sorry I've been a 100% BAD friend - I meant to give you a little b-day treat before heading to my mom's to get another car -- then it ended up in Rome, GA for two weeks ... then I haven't called/emailed NOTHING! So enough of apologies - happy SUPER late b-day ... I owe ya big time -AND- so glad to hear the babies are doing well... just have to keep them in until AFTER the shower :) Congrats Ben on GRADUATING!!