Saturday, November 29, 2008

A little behind.......

All right.  No pictures.  Sorry.  But I'll TRY to keep this short.  I guess I'll write updates how my friend did them (good idea Megan).

Lilli:  She is still going strong with the whole potty thing.  Only a few accidents.  She's starting to lose interest, but as long as we keep reminding her to go potty in the big girl potty she does really good.  I haven't tried the night time potty training.  Going out is good.  I put a pull-up on and underwear over and sometimes she does good and sometimes she pees in her pull-up.  Any ideas on how to train for the overnighters?  Other than that, she's getting more and more sassy and bossy.  She's ready to be a big sister and will do wonderfully.  We love her so much and she brings such joy to our lives.

Ben: He's getting older.  Today is his 28th birthday.  We went out to dinner at Chop House and had some yummy prime rib.  I had more than he did.  Then we stopped and got him FIFA 09 for our Wii.  Now he and our neighbor are playing it up.  He's doing really good at work as well.  He's looking into changing shops and hopefully that will happen here soon.  He's in much need of a change.  We're definitely re-enlisting next June and feel like it's the right thing for us.  He's also looking at doing an internship/TDY overseas during that time as well.  He's been quite successful at work and is such a great support at home.  He's wonderful and is always so helpful. 

Me:  I'm surviving.  I'm ready to have these babies.  I have weekly appointments at the NST clinic.  AND I have one last ultrasound this coming Monday.  I really try not to complain but I'm so uncomfortable.  I just start crying sometimes from the pain.  They're so rambunctious and are constantly moving it seems.  I know people feel sorry for me.  I'm growing bigger everyday and need help with everything.  But I'm anxious for these babies to be here.  I finally feel ready for them to come.  Everything is all set up and we went on our tour of the hospital so we're good.  I'm 34 weeks now and would be okay with having these babies in the next week or two.  We'll see how much longer.

Thanksgiving was fun.  It's so nice to spend the holidays with good friends.  We miss our families and wish we could spend it with them, but good friends are a good second family.  Those of you who live close to family, appreciate them.  Spend the Holidays with them!  You don't realize what you have and how lucky you are!  We're looking forward to Christmas and just having these babies here.  I'll try to take one last picture of my bigness.  You really have NO IDEA how big I really am!

2 comments:

Jennifer Sharpe said...

You really don't look bad, you have two babies you have to be bigger than the first time. Your quilts are really cute! I hope your babies come soon too, so you feel better and it's hard to wait the last few weeks. That's great that you have everything ready. I'm excited for you!! Let me know if you need help with anything, or a babysitter when you go to your appointments. Keira would love to have someone to play with.

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

I think you look really good and cute:)!! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! We miss you guys! Love you all and Happy Birthday Ben!