Thursday, May 1, 2008

Soccer Season



Here are some action shots from one of Ben's soccer games this season. This is his second season playing for the Air Force team here.  He really enjoys playing soccer (he's obsessed). Last season his team did fairly well winning about half their games.  This year has been a bit more of a struggle for them. They tied or lost the majority of their games and managed to squeak out a couple of wins right at the end. 



This week has been pretty busy with end-of-season double elimination tournament. They lost in a penalty shootout on Monday. Fortunately, due to a bracketing mixup, that game didn't count. Tuesday the lost a pretty heated match against a Navy team (1-2) Wednesday night Ben played in goal and they came away with a win (3-0). He played in goal again tonight and did really well. They beat a team of Brits (2-0). Now they have to play the same Navy team again on Monday in a loser-out match. It's supposed to be a pretty intense game.


3 comments:

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

I never knew how intense soccer was until I watched Mike play. I feel like I can't relax because they are pushing and shoving and you can get away with it and the refs don't see. Nothing like basketball where things can't get out of control but soccer is a totally different sport. It is very fun to play I must admit, but not relaxing to watch, for me anyway. Good Luck!

Pilkington Family said...

I can't believe the season is almost over...what will I ever do with my time?!?! Soccer is sooo awesome I wish the boys could play every night, ALL THE TIME!!! Soccer rocks!!!

bre said...

How fun..Tell Ben he looks like a TOUGH soccer playa...Haha...Did you just push a kid to the ground?? (you'd have to watch that movie..) haha..sorry that was random..love you guys though...miss ya!! give Lilli a big hug for me!