Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm a big girl now




Lilli is now out of a crib, and into a big girl bed.  It was definitely time, with the twins coming and she's just getting too big.  She's done really well with it.  The first morning, she came down at around 7am into our bedroom and tells us to "wape back" or wake up.  Sometimes she'll get out of her bed and open the door, but as soon as we tell her to get back into bed, she does and we have no problems.  She's only fallen off the bed a couple of times, but we make sure to put a big pillow on the edge so she can't roll off.  It seems to help.  Now she just kicks the wall.  We started potty training her, and she did really really good.  No accidents.  But then she got some sort of infection or UTI so the doctor recommended we wait on it.  I so want to start back up.  She takes off her diaper all the time and she tells us when she has to go, so we'll put her on the toilet and sure enough, she'll go.  Obviously she's ready, I just don't want her to get another infection.  She was crying and saying "it hurts."  I felt really bad.  She seems to be doing better, so we'll start again here soon.  I just can't believe what a big girl she's becoming.  She is really really bossy.  She'll boss Ben and I around too.  We're putting a stop to that REAL fast.  She adjusts so well to changes and we're so proud of her!  

7 comments:

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Lilli is such a doll. I love her new bed! She is a big girl. I love how you said she has only fallen out a couple of times. Made me giggle. Anyway she is so adorable.

bre said...

Haha...I have the cutest niece ever! I can't believe she is getting so big. That's sad about her infection though. I used to get them all the time when I was little, do you remember? I just remember going to the hospital to get tested...Hopefully that doesn't stay with her as she grows up..(I'd say more, but I don't want to embarass myself...lol..) But she's getting cute. I can't wait for you guys to come visit...whenever that may be...umm..yeah, okay...by the way, I like how Ben's shirt matches Lilli's sheets. Did he plan that for the picture?

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

Those are cute pictures. How cute..you're little girl is becoming a big girl...that must make you sad kinda!

Unknown said...

That's what I was thinking Breanne! "Hey, Ben Matches too!"

Bastianclan said...

Wow! what a big girl. I bet she feel so big too!!! It's fun to have your big girl bed.

Yeah it sounds like she is ready for the potty. How cool she tells you she has to go? that is a huge step.

Brittney K. said...

Lol too bad i STILL fall outta my bed...thats a little embarrasing. hope my neice get a bett sense of balance than i did. she looks great in her big girl bed!

Staci said...

What a big girl.. she is SO BEAUTIFUL! If she is telling you she has to go... let her! Potty train if she is ready! I am so excited for you and the twins... get all the little things out of the way before they come!