Saturday, October 20, 2007

Wight Loss Progress

As many of you know, I've been really trying to stay ambitious and lose some weight. Not that I'm super heavy, I'm just bigger than I used to be and I hate it. So I'm doing something about it. We get free membership to a gym and they have some awesome classes, so I'm going. This week wasn't so good though. I only went 3 times this week. My goal is to go at least 5 days out of the week for at least 45 minutes per session. Anyway, Ben's doing this whole weight loss thing with me. As part of our ambition, we've been weighing ourselves every Friday night, but not just weighing, we're also measuring our bodies to see how many inches we've lost. Remember I lost 4 inches 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure how many inches I lost this last time (I'll total it up, but I've definitely lost inches everywhere). Plus..........drum roll please................................................I lost a little over 2 pounds in this week!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but for me it is. That's the most weight I've lost in the whole 4 weeks I've been doing this. I'm very excited!!!!!!!!!!! It's nice to see my hard work paying off! I haven't just lost weight though, I've lost body fat too, AND definitely inches off my bod!!! Ben's been very encouraging and keeps telling me not to get frustrated. Hopefully I've hit my stride!!!! We'll see!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Congrats! Good luck..

Ferret said...

That is so awesome Shari!!! Good job!

I love powerhouse gym, infact we stopped our YMCA membership and only use powerhouse now (not to mention it's free!).

:o)

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Shari - AWESOME! I've tried to jump on the band wagon and get back to exercising too -- but my goal is 3 days a week for now! The treadmill just doesn't ever look appealing at 7 am! HAPPY HALLOWEEN! -- Rachel Owens