Friday, May 2, 2008

Latin Festival (Cinco de Mayo)




Fort Gordon was having a Latin Festival through the weekend so we decided to go.  We wanted to do the whole "buying food and tickets for the rides that are totally NOT worth that much."  It was worth experiencing at least once, I guess.  So we bought some tickets and let Lilli ride a bunch of rides.  She had so much fun.  But I don't think she had as much fun as Ben and I did watching her.  On all the rides except for the swings she had this scowl on her face.  I went on the little carousel ride with her.  She just held on to the horse for dear life.  We actually took her on the swings twice, she liked it so much.  After rides, we went and got us some "authentic" latin food (that's what the sign said).  Ummmm......it so was not authentic!  Plus they give you diddly squat.  It was still good, but I have to say I was really disappointed in the "authenticity" and the amount.  What a rip off!  After "dinner" (or a snack, I think), we got Lilli some cotten candy.  She was a little hesitant at first, wasn't sure what to think.  But after tasting it, she loved it.  We all loved it!  Even though it was kind of a rip off, we still had fun and it's an experience Lilli hopefully enjoyed!

Sorry about the quality of the pictures.  They were taken with Ben's cell phone camera. 

3 comments:

bre said...

HOW CUTE!!! i love the one with lilli and ben!!! Ohhh...I miss you guys! I think she's gotten bigger since you were here! COME BACK!! Love you guys!

The Martinez Fam said...

Could Lilli be any cuter? Her in those little pigtails is so adorable!! You guys do lots of fun things as a family. That's awesome!

Bastianclan said...

Shari when did you guys go? We went Thur night. WE got free pizza and drinks and got unlimited rides for $12.00 it was super fun. My kids loved all the rides. it was alot of fun.