Friday, May 9, 2008

Sunglasses, Strawberries, and Water!

Ben thought it would be fun to completely soak Lilli with the hose, so I thought it would be fun to soak him too.

She was being so goofy yesterday!

Ben got these Little Mermaid sunglasses for Lilli.  Don't mind the hair.  She had just woken up from a nap.





This summer has been fun so far, and it hasn't even really started!  Lilli loves water.  I've mentioned several times before that she is my little water baby.  One day it was super hot, so I turned on the sprinkler, put her swimming suit on, and let her get all wet.  I just love her swimsuit!  She had such a good time.  Just the other day, we went over to our good friends, the Pilkington's, and she went swimming in their little kiddie pool.  Lilli stayed in the water until I MADE her get out.  She was turning purple and shivering and shaking all over!  How long do I leave in there until she gets hypothermia??!?!?  She wasn't too happy about it, but when we got home I put in her in a warm bath.  Yesterday, for play group, we went to a strawberry patch and picked a whole bucket full of yummy, delicious strawberries.  Lilli ate them more than she picked.  Not to mention the first 3 strawberries I had put in the bucket, she took one bite of each and then put them back in the bucket.  I guess she just wanted a taste.  By the time we got home, she had eaten about 20 strawberries (no exaggeration either) and was a complete mess.  She got a bath when we got home.  She was mad when I took the bucket inside.  She already had two in her hand but I guess wanted more.  Silly girl!!!  I love summer!

9 comments:

bre said...

OH MY HECK!!! SO CUTE!!! I love lilli's swimsuit...and her glasses, does she have them on upside down? Such a nerd and a little stink!!! But i still love her!!! :) Come see me again!

The Martinez Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Martinez Fam said...

Could she be any cuter? Where did you get her swimming suit? I love it. And her sunglasses are so hilarious. I am so excited for summer around here, but I'm beginning to think it's never going to come!!!

The Martinez Fam said...

Oh, sorry for the deleted comment. I misspelled something and it was driving me crazy, so I deleted my comment. Don't worry. It wasn't any crazy stalker dude!!

Jessica said...

I love the swimming suit too. That girl is cute. I'm sad that I didn't go to play group- but I already had 2 buckets of strawberries in the fridge.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Shari -- SO cute!! I love her little bathing suit and I'm sad that we missed the strawberry patch playgroup! Benjamin and I are going to HAVE to go again ... so if you want to ride with us - let me know!!

Unknown said...

I just love her big beutiful eyes! She looks like so much fun!

kylee said...

I swear, I don't know if it is the age or what but I always laugh when I read about lilli because Brynlee would do or does the exact same thing. Whenever I buy strawberries Brynlee always has to eat half the container right away and takes little bites out of all of them! Anyway, she is so cute, I love the picture of her looking at the camera with her head tilted sideways. SO CUTE!!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

She is adorable! Summer is so much fun for kids. Water is the best. I took Annali through the sprinklers here and she just squealed the whole time! Her with the big bucket of strawberries is so cute! She is a doll!!