Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

Ben really went out of his way to make Mother's Day a special day.  We went out Saturday night with some good friends to dinner and a movie.  Earlier that day, Ben surprised me with a gift certificate to Motherhood Maternity, so I can get me some cute maternity clothes.  I let someone borrow my maternity clothes (ALL of them) and she's moved away and I don't know where she is.  Ben thinks I totally planned it, but I didn't, not really anyway.    Then I went to go to bed after our date, and he had hidden some piano music.  Sunday morning he let me sleep in and made me breakfast in bed (a yummy omelet with spinach, tomatoes, and cheese).  Ben had to work that day and so I know he wanted to make the day extra special.  He definitely went above and beyond.  I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and a beautiful daughter (with one on the way).  

My own mom is such a great example of what a righteous mother is.  I hope that I can be as a great a mom as she was.  She's my best friend and I love her so much!  I don't know what I'd do without my mama!!  Not only is my mom a great mom, but I'm so grateful for Ben's mom, Vicki, as well.  She has been a great mom and gram gram and we love her so much too!  I love my family!!!

7 comments:

bre said...

Hey sister! sorry I haven't called you back. I promise I will either tomorrow or the next day! I can't wait to hear what you have to tell me...I wonder what it could be....hmm...but, I love you and will talk to you soon! I think you've been a wonderful mom to my niece!

Emily, Randy, Baby, and the Pups said...

I am so exicted for you!!!!! I am sorry I am so late congratulating you! This is the first day I have looked at anyones blog in over a week. I love you and wish you the best!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

What a great husband you have. Mike got me a purse!! and then he had Annali give me a card which she scribbled in. That made my mother's day the best day ever. I will have to try the move to give away my maternity clothes so when the time comes again I can get new ones. That was a great move Shar. Just Kidding! You're the best.

The Martinez Fam said...

I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day. Isn't it good to know that all of our efforts as mothers and wives are really appreciated? And a gift certificate to shop? That's my favorite!! How fun!!!!

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

Hey, it's Mom. I'm glad Ben make your Mother's Day so special. Lilli couldn't have asked for a better mother than you. You're awesome!!!

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

hey thanks for the comment. Well funny thing is I used to date this guy who was on a submarine back in the day and since my dad was in the navy my whole childhood I am very used to that life :) haha I even told Tyson not to worry about writing a lot because I wanted him to get as much sleep as he could. now we can be the military wives in the family :) and share our stories

Taffy and Tony said...

Hey Shari! Sounds like you had an awesome day! Mylie loves looking at blogs with me, and she always asks, "What's her name?" when she sees Lilli. I've told her several times. Today she was playing with a "pretend friend" and calling her Lilli. It was pretty cute. We'll have to get them together to play for real someday.