Monday, September 22, 2008

Another Doctors Appt

I had another doctor's appointment today.  The twins are both healthy and squirmy.  Both had strong heartbeats.  My dr. told me that  I'm past the "hump," at 24 weeks where, if I were to go into labor now, the babies will survive.  That was a relief, though I'm hoping to keep these babies inside for as long as I can.  I'm not too anxious to have them come yet.  I'm uncomfortable, that's for sure, but I want my babies to be healthy and strong when they're born.  They both are laying sideways, but that could change.  I have another ultrasound appointment on the 1st of October, so they'll be able to tell me more.  They still have time to switch positions before they get too big.  If they don't change, it looks like I'll be having a C-section.  I've also gained 20 pounds, which I'm happy about.  I know, I never thought I'd be happy about gaining that much weight, but I am.  It's for good reason.  Also, apparently, the military now has a contract with Trinity Hospital to deliver babies instead of at MCG (Medical College of Georgia).  I don't know how thrilled I am about that just because MCG has the best children's hospital in this area.  I felt a lot more comfortable knowing I would be delivering there, but hopefully I won't need the NICU.  

Anyway, we're all healthy!

14 comments:

bre said...

So, obviously I don't know much about having babies, but is there a good chance that they'll be born soon? Or is it just that if they do happen to, they'll be okay? And why would they schedule a C-section, and how soon would they have to? Umm...hello you totally need to explain all this stuff to those of us who haven't even had babies or done research on having babies or who aren't doctors...I know nothing when it comes to babies..just how they're made! HAHA...jk...even then, I don't know all the details! lol, okay, I'm done..love you..glad you're well...Stay healthy! LOVE YOU GUYS

Brittney K. said...

glad everyone is doing well! tell lil' i love her very much and am excited thatshe is into harry potter cuz i love it too. smooches! Brittney

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

So glad all is well with the twinners and their mother. It is so dang exciting you are having twins. You will be the best mom ever. Hang in their. Miss ya

Ben Davis said...

Um, excuse me?! Shari IS the best mom EVER!

bre said...

Why yes sister...I do have more questions....well, one...i know I said I knew where babies came from, but, well, I really don't...can you please explain it to me. I never had "the talk"......

SO SORRY I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BABIES...I'll be sure to do my research!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay...bye

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

YEAH for the fact that the babies would be okay if they had to be delivered anytime from now on! Thats a great milestone :)

But I hope you stay uncomfortable for a bit longer like you said!

NO for C Section!

Hannah said...

Really, Trinity? When did that change? Is it for everyone? Have you been there yet? Why can't it be University?

Stephanie said...

Isn't it amazing that the advances in medicine makes it so that if you did have the babies prematurely that they could survive. It just amazes me.
I'm glad that everything is going well and that you are all healthy!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Hey, Shar! It is great to hear that you are still uncomfortable (you know what I mean. I am a little uncomfortable myself, but don't know how it would be to be carrying twins! Crazy! I'm so excited for you guys. Lilli sounds like she is going to be a wonderful big sister. I think imaginations are necessary for that position. Good luck and hopefully those babies will turn!

Emily, Randy, Baby, and the Pups said...

Good to hear everything is on track! Mom carried us full term, but she was in bed for 2 months. But things have changed......a bunch. Keep us posted! Love ya!

P.S. Any names yet? And what is your exact due date?

Staci said...

Oh.. any hosptial is a step up from the care I got at MCG! I guess it wasn't the delivery.. it was the sharing a room with a fighting couple, it was the nurse who didn't come back until Sophia had been born for 4 hours, it was the.... I don't need to go on! If the babies need the NICU they will be flown there.. but they will be healthy and strong!
Ben, Romario and Ronaldo are Sterling's picks for names for your boys! LOL!
Hope you are all hanging in there!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you and boys are doing good.. your the only person I have EVER heard say they are happy to be gaining weight ;) C-Sect. is the WORST recovery EVER, I mean EVER! You should put a silent letter in the boys' names i.e., BsEN or SHbARI.. haha throw in a silent "Z".. just a thought... mix it up a little :)

Ferret said...

Congrats Shari!

Trinity is good. In-fact I have been to more births there than MCG and everyone there is great. I had one mom need an emergency c/s and everything was smooth and quick. They also deliver twins naturally alot there. I have seen MCG be more quick to suggest c/s for any reason w/ twins.

Ferret said...

No problem! There is a lot you can do to avoid a c/s. If you want email and I'll give you some info about things in our area.

Christen@abirthingintuition.com