Friday, September 5, 2008

Hanging in there

I thought I'd just post about our week.  No pictures, though I did take some.  So after finding out that we're having boys, I got all excited and decided to go to Joanne's (a fabric store) with some friends and get some fabric to make a quilt.  Or have my friend make me a quilt, two quilts to be exact.  The boys' room is going to be light blue and brown, and not wanting to spend $160 on just ONE crib sheet package, I spent about $25 and we (or my friends') picked out some really really cute fabric and now Hannah is making the boys' crib quilts.  I wish I had taken a picture of the fabric, but it will have to wait.  They're going to so cute!  I'm very excited!  I have also noticed that it's really hard picking out cute boy clothes.  I went to Target and found NOTHING cute.  I bought two onesies because they were on sale, but I didn't really love them.  I was bummed because Target has really cute GIRL clothes.  I really wanted to get Lilli some, but resisted.  I was there for the boys'.

We haven't picked any boy names that we both like.  I gave Ben a whole bunch of names to pick, but he didn't like any of them.  So now, I'm not giving him ANY boy names until he gives me some.  I really like the name Tegan (pronounced TEE-gun), but Ben despises the name.  He says it sounds too feminine.  What do you all think?  Some good friends of ours (I won't mention names MEGAN AND AARON) think it sounds feminine too.   Whatever!  Another friend liked the name, so there.  All the names I like are Celtic, or Gaelic, or Scottish/Irish.  I also like Aiden, and Quinn.  There for a while, like 5 minutes, Ben liked those names too until he found out there was an actor named Aiden Quinn.  Which, I'm like that shouldn't matter!!!  Ben keeps telling me we have plenty of time, but I'm such a planner and need to have names NOW.  I guess I'll just HAVE to be patient, because I'm not giving anymore boy names until Ben gives me some.  I just need to be patient.

Other than that dilemma, we're all doing great.  Lilli is a stinker.  I've resorted to counting to 3 for her to do what I've asked her to.  Well, the other day, she asked me to "come here" and when I didn't come right away, she started counting.  She counted all the way to 8 and then out of frustration says again, "come here, mama."  I was laughing so hard, I couldn't let her see.  It was hilarious.  She's also been getting up early, like 6ish early, getting out of bed and coming downstairs.  That's too early for her AND me, so I've just been making her go back to bed until 7am.  She is so cranky until her nap.  Drives me crazy.  I've been feeling good, as long as I take my medicine.  I mostly been feeling really tired, so I've been taking naps when Lilli does.  That's helped a bit.

Ben's been having a lot of success as well.  He is winning all these awards (I'll let him tell you what they are) and working really hard.  We're hoping he can get into this ALS class in Columbia, SC for his promotion here in a couple of weeks.  Otherwise, he'll have to do it while I'm at the end of this pregnancy or after the babies are born.  Not liking either one, so we're praying he gets into the early class.  We should find out today.  Be praying for us!

That's about it in the life of the Davis'.  We're all just hanging in there.

17 comments:

Bastianclan said...

Finding a name is so fun. I remeber when I was trying to find a name for "Chandler" I wanted to name him Teven. (My father is Evan) I thought it would be awesome. My husband said over his dead body.
But you know naming your sons (Children) takes a lot of thought after all they will have it for Eternity.

I can't wait to see the baby quilts.

Good Luck with the boy names.

Pilkington Family said...

We definitely know how hard it is to find boy name that you BOTH like. If you remember Jonas was named just as we were leaving the hospital. And even after that we were like (ok I was like) is that really what I want? Well then it grew on me and now I love it! So good luck with that!!! You can send lilli over whenever you just need a break, Emma will keep her busy!!!

bre said...

Yeah, I'm not diggin Tegan much. I do like Aiden however, not Quinn. Reminds me of dr. quinn, medicine woman. (haha, ever seen talledega nights? If not, watch it, and you won't name him quinn!!) lol...what about bob, or frank? keep it simple! i'd tell you my names, but you'd steal them, they're so good!! What you should do is pull out the bible/BOM and flip through it, point to a name..okay, please don't do that! not that there's anything wrong with it (those of you who have bible/bom names) i personally think it's a little weird, depending on the name...alright, now that I've offended half the world...thanks for the update! I miss my niece! Get some pictures posted. Oh, about that daily picture thingy, if you don't wan to do a daily one. I saw this photographer who did a 52 week challenge. She had to get one picture a week of HER AND her kids. So you could do it, but you totally should get one going!:) (is it obvious I'm at school and just rambling on? :) anyway, thanks for the update. Good luck with the names. If you need help, I'm here for ya! LOVE YA

Pilkington Family said...

see shari I am not the only one that thought of dr quinn medicine woman...so im not as crazy as you think. hahaha

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

Sounds like you are having so much fun! I love that you are a planner. ME TOO! I'm already getting names to Tyson for him to review and circle so that when it does come we already have one of each to pick as soon as we are expecting!

I'm crazy, I know cause it could be months, or years. But its fun either way.
Congrats to Ben can't wait to hear about his achievements. I'm so proud of our boys!

kylee said...

Hey Shari, I agree with you 100%. Target has the CUTEST girl cloths but nothing for the boys! I've had a real hard time shopping for boston because I can never find anything that I absolutly LOVE like I can when I shop for Brynlee. Oh well...
Anyway, kind of funny but Tegan was in our top three names! So needless to say, I like it. Although ... we did have 3 different top 3's before we ended up deciding. And we didn't decide offically until the day he was born! It drove me nuts too that I didn't have a name picked out from the beginning. Boy names are hard because half of the boy names have been or are used as girl names too! I hate it. Anyway, good luck and I am glad to here that everything is going well! Tell Lilli to sleep in a little though! Sheesh!

bre said...

By the way...I didn't make many boys birth announcements BECAUSE...well, pinks and stuff are easier to use. But ALL of the designs can be transformed into boy designs..DUH. did you read any of my intro? anyway. don't you worry though, I am going to design a full line of "twins" announcements, with both BOYS and GIRLS colors. okay? okay...oh, and you commented twice on my blog..WHO'S RETARDED NOW?!? jk :)(haha, I watch talledega nights way too much!)

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Lilli and Benjamin must've talked about waking up early last Sunday at church ... because ALL week ... we've had a 6-6:30 wake up call ... and with staying up to watch the convention speeches etc - that is TOO early! Can't wait to see the fabric ... and about names - I've learned to keep ALL opinions to myself - because once they are named - they look like that name! So I'll like them all!

Brittney K. said...

seriously think u should consider Britian, never say never. haha i too find teegan to be a touch girly..maybe go traditionala nd name one after each Grandfather...i here that Benjamin is a pretty nice name!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

What a huge dilema. A new family moved into the ward and their sons name is Tegan. I have only heard boys named Tegan so I would tend to name a boy that. Just a suggestion you could name one Pine and the other Saul. JK that is what Mike said if we had a boy because he loves the outdoors and you can always use a good bible name. I vetoed that idea very quickly. So don't ask Mike for any suggestions. We took 3 names to the hospital when Annali was born and picked once we saw her and the name totally fit her. It was amazing. Anyway sounds like things are going great. Wished I could see ya more but take care. Love Ya

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Oh yeah can't wait to see the fabric. Mikes mom made all of Annali's bedding it is is so cute. We did a cowgirl theme, but I think it will mean so much to Annali when she is older that her grandma made it and she can have it forever. You best show us some pics soon.

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that name Teagan, but sorry Shari.. for a girl. That was one of my names for Kennedi, but Victor thinks it's "stupid".. IF (BIG IF) we ever have another baby and it's a girl.. the name will be brought back in with the mix! But I really do like Aidan and Quinn.. you know what you do.. when you get the papers for the birth certificates, you fill them out and just turn them in.. tell Ben later! ;)

FYI- some of our boy names, or I should say mine.. If Kennedi was a boy her name would have been Kameron (Victor's choice, I like more unique names) But I liked Ryker (even though it is a prison) and Kale, Kael, Cael, Cale (spelling HOWEVER) And my favorite boy name ever is Caleb, BUT it's already taken in the family.. GOOD LUCK!

bre said...

Demeco, Anquan, Skip, Julius, Gerald, Karlos, (Just watching Greg play his game. These are some football player's names...) Haha...just so you know..give you some ideas...yeah, I'm bored, you really need another post! Brayden and Aiden (there is already a brayden, but who cares...they rhyme) What you should do, is go on the internet and find a site with baby names, pick a letter and a number and that's the name you get! Alright? oh...and Michelle, I like the name Cael too, but we have a cael on the thompson side...BUT...who said that's a reason to not name it what you like. Anyway, goodnight! LOVE YOU!

Jessica said...

Now you know how I feel- stores always have way cuter stuff for girls than boys.

Also, this is a true story- there is a girl here who is having twins- a boy and a girl. She sure is naming the boy Cullen after Edward Cullen. She's naming the girl Ireland. So you could name them Edward and Cullen. That would be hot.

I know this is a lot, but speaking of Twilight, when I was at the University Mall in Orem on Saturday I saw a kiosk that was JUST twilight garb- shirts, jewelry, a bracelet with a wolf and diamond on it...I like Twilight and all, but it was pathetic, okay?

Emily, Randy, Baby, and the Pups said...

I can't even image trying to name my children. I had a hard enough time naming dogs! I think it took two weeks to come up with a name for "George", but it fits perfect. Good luck. I like Tegan, but I who am I to decide....Good Luck.

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Haha, don't you just LOVE trying to agree on names?! Steve and I have such different tastes. We can't decide, and when we do, we both change our minds. And you have TWO to come up with an agree on! Good luck! Haha, but it really is fun isn't it, despite the frustrations :)

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

P.S. I wanna see a prego pic of you! I bet you're so cute!