Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Harry Potter and the Seedling Imagination

Lately, Lilli has been really into the Harry Potter movies.  It's fine with me, after having watched all of our Disney movies, particularly Peter Pan, about 10 times each.  Anyway, one day Lilli was playing with her play thermometer and started flicking it in the air and yelling, "expecto patronum".  Of course, she had to yell it because that's what Harry Potter does.  I was in such shock, I just started laughing.  So now, anything with a long end, is her wand and she runs around saying the spells.  Also, the other day after Stake Conference (which was awesome), on our way home she started saying there was a monster.  So I told her to tell the monster to go away.  She wasn't scared or anything, it was just what she "saw."  Then she wanted me to tell the monster to go away, so of course, I did.  She was so happy for me, she started yelling, "Yay! Good job, Mama!"  She's has quite the imagination and we love it!  Sorry no pictures.  I need to get my camera out more.  Next time.

Also, about a week or so ago, Lilli was being such a stinker, so I asked her, "Lilli, can I spank your bum?"  Of course, I had said it jokingly, but was also quite frustrated.  Next thing I know, she lays down on the floor, with her butt in the air and says, "Here you go."  Seriously?!?!  Once again, my frustration melted away and I had to laugh.  That's our little girl for ya!

10 comments:

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

I freaking love "can I spank your bum" HAHA thats so cute! Kids are funny a lot

on the way home from disneyland last night my nephew max says "wanna go night night" You know a kid is tired when they're asking for it.

I love your stories. Lilli is a hoot!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Lilli is so dang funny. Isn't it true how mad you can be at the child and then they somehow know they need to pull a funny cute move fast or something bad is going to happen. Annali will give me a big smile or kiss my leg. Then I can't be mad for long. Anyway Lilli is so funny and great stories love em.

Lindsay said...

How cute! That is too funny about the spanking! I can't wait to have little kids to make me laugh and say the darndest things! What a cute little girl you have! :-)

Correa Family said...

Lilli cracks me up, I can just hear her saying those things in her little cute voice!

Jonathan and Rachel said...

what a cutie! we need to play soon! love you guys!

bre said...

Goodness! What are you teaching my poor niece?!? WIZARDRY?!? Haha, that is too funny. Did you ever hear about Brady pretending he was Harry Potter? Lol. It's the funniest story. It was when I was a senior, and we had just gotten back from track practice, and Brady had found some of those round "Harry potter" glasses. Well, he put them on and starts pretending he's harry potter, then he finds a HUGE BRANCH outside and brings it INSIDE and uses it as a want. Okay, this thing is HUGE! not just a stick, like a huge branch. It was the FUNNIEST thing ever! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard. He could barely get it through the door...ahh...that kid..Lilli must take after him! lol..what a nerd she is. I miss you guys!! LOve ya!

Pilkington Family said...

We just love Lilli!!!

bre said...

By the way..yeah, you do need to get your camera out more! Psh..it's not that hard...you open your camera bag, lift it out, take off the lens cap, turn it on. Find lilli, (or ben if you wish) and push the button. VOILA! Instant pictures!! it's the downloading them to the computer part that sucks! :) but I want more pics of my niece...I MISS HER!

bre said...

And yes...that makes two comments in ONE DAY!!

and yes...this makes three!!

and yes...I have no life!

except...I really do, i just get bored at school. I don't know what i'd do if they blocked Blogger...

Staci said...

Just wait.. when they are six..and they say yeah here's my bumb.. it isn't that cute anymore.. Enjoy it while she is little..