Wednesday, September 17, 2008

If I could go back...

So I just got done watching my little sister, McKenzie, and my dad play/coach volleyball live.  I watched it via the internet.  Cokeville High School is now doing live web broadcasts of all athletics.  I have to admit that I felt a little like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite, wishing I could go back and play volleyball.  Awww the memories!  I had such a good time playing sports in high school and it was fun being coached by my dad.  Anyway, Cokeville (my alumni) varsity played Bear Lake and won in 3 games.  Freshman and JV both won as well.  Good job Kenzie and Dad!  It was really fun to watch and did bring back a lot of fun memories.  Thanks Dad for getting that all set up for those of us away from Cokeville!  It was a joy to watch! 

If you'd like to watch the next live broadcast, the boys have a football game Friday at 3:30pm MT. Just go to cokeville.com, click on broadcast, and click on the webcast button.  You will need media player.  Let me know if I'm wrong, Dad!  

9 comments:

Ashlie said...

Cool! Thanks to Bill! I'm so excited! !! Hence all the exclamation marks!!!!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

That is great I am going to have to check it out now! Your dad is amazing.

Correa Family said...

Fun. I played soccer in HS and totally miss it too!

BTW, the pictures don't work, or whatever was above your post. Maybe it's just my computer.

Michael Sparks said...

I agree - we were really cool back then! :)

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

Shari, because I'm going away to a volleyball tournament, the football game will not be broadcasted. But the next week is Homecoming and we'll do the football game and the volleyball game. If there ever is a conflict with volleyball and football, I can't do the football, at least not yet.

bre said...

Okay Uncle Rico! jk..I'm the same way, I still watch my highlight videos every once in a great while...lol..but being around it ALL the time, makes me miss it all the more. Tuesday we were at Morgan, and I totally had flash backs of the last time I played there. Totally weird. Oh well. I always forget that they broadcast it..it's cool that you have Uncle Rico moments. do you still video yourself trying to play volleyball and send them to colleges? That would be cool to see a prego lady who's a college vballer wannabe...(okay..I need sleep...) Love and miss you.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

How fun! I love watching highschool sports - brings back so many fond memories! Love ya

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

ha i'm so jealous you actually have an alumni school! I'll just have to sit and watch tysons high school stuff...which is a bit confusing too! Cokeville or Spanish Fork>?haha

hope you are doing well!

Pilkington Family said...

you remind me of aaron. he makes me watch his dumb football highlight film...the sad thing is he knows probably every play before it even happens. my favorite part is when the team goes running through the paper hoop thingy right before the game and aaron is the one that trips and falls..dont tell him i told you that!