Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkins


I can't tell who Lilli looks like more in this picture, me or Ben.




Monday, we decided to carve pumpkins.  We went to Wal-Mart, and thinking we would be creative, decided to get 4 smaller pumpkins so we can carve the word "BOO!" using each pumpkin for a letter and the exclamation point.  As we started to carve, or TRY to carve, we noticed that our knives weren't cutting through the pumpkins very easily, or rather, not at all.  Ben gave up and went to Food Lion to get a bigger pumpkin while I was somewhat successful in carving out 3 of the 4 smaller pumpkins.  Lilli was so  not interested in carving pumpkins.  We tried to get her to clean the guts out but she was grossed out.  By the end of the carving process, Ben and I were both so tired of carving.  My pumpkins are cleaned out (3 of the 4 of them) but I have yet to actually carve something in them.  And Ben's big pumpkin, well, the pictures speak for themselves!  Can you tell he was tired?  Plus he was leaving and had about 30 minutes to carve a face out anyway.  

7 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Cute! Glad you guys got a "LONG" weekend ... and I like the pumpkin! I tried carving a small one last year ... and quickly learned they aren't so good for carving :)

bre said...

Cute Cute!! I love my niece, and I think she looks like ME!!!!!!! no wonder she is so cute!!! Tell Ben he did a great job carving his pumpkin!! Very nice!!

Love you guys!

Staci said...

The little ones are for painting, not carving! We went to the pumpkin Patch and they gave a whole lesson on which pumpkins are good for what things! It was very funny!
When my sister tried to get my nephew to help clean out the pumkin he took one look inside and threw up! He was pretty grosed out by the inside! Pretty funny!
Lilly is beautiful! She is a perfect mix of Bens olive skin and your cute face! What a cutie!

Pilkington Family said...

OH MY GOSH! That is the WORST pumpkin EVER!!!

Pilkington Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pilkington Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pilkington Family said...

You guys know that whenever something mean has been said that most likely it is aaron thinking he is funny!!! I however love the pumpkin and LOVE your family:)