Friday, October 3, 2008

Nap time



The other day, Lilli was SUPPOSED to be taking a nap.  Instead, this is how I found her.  Apparently, she had decided she would play dress up.  Notice the darker spot on her swimming suit...............it's pee.  She had taken off her diaper, put on panties, and then peed all over.  She was soaking wet.  Needless to say, instead of taking a nap, she got a bath instead.  

I've been really sick with a cold lately and was in much need of a nap that specific day.  It seems that on the days that I need a nap the most, Lilli decides she doesn't need one.  So along with being sick and miserable, I get to clean up dirty clothes and a dirty daughter.  Then I have to go upstairs in her room to make sure she didn't pee on the floor or on anything.  It was a great day!

But that's not all.  Today, while I was going over some choir stuff with our ward's choir director, I hear Lilli yelling, "My eyes, my eyes!"  So I run into the other room and she's on the floor with a bottle of Windex.  I guess she had sprayed Windex in her face!  Not to mention the fact that I'm still sick, can't breathe, can't smell, and can barely keep my eyes open and have THAT mess to clean up!  Now I understand the whole "terrible two's" phrase!  I'm so glad my husband is coming home today!!!!!!

5 comments:

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Okay so I have to admit that I just laughed reading this post!! You could have exchanged Lilli's name with Erika's and it would totally be something I would say!

It never fails that our children know when we are weak and need to sleep that they attack and ruin the house and become monsters! I wish we lived closer so I could come pick up Lilli for you and let Erika and her make a mess at my house!

Hang in there....I'll be thinking of you!

Brittney K. said...

um.....at least she put on panites?
lol sorry but i did laugh like a loon at this post. which in turn caused my boss to think i'm nuts! (clarification/confession):

I sneak peeks at ur blog during the day hoping to find new pics and stories about Lilli and the boys, BUUUUUUUUUUT maybe i'm not supposed to ;) so when i burst into giggles in an otherwise SILENT office; u can imagine what she thinks of me. but what the heck! i'll do it for u anytime! love love LOVE you!

Stephanie said...

When I was pregnant and my kids were taking naps, sometimes I would sleep on the floor next to their bed...yes, I was that tired. It kept them in bed, and gave me a much needed nap. Hey, whatever works, right!

Winn Family said...

I started laughing so hard when you wrote, "it's pee" cause FUNNY!! You kill me! And seriously, I need to do a better job and just coming and getting Lily...but I forget....so SERIOUSLY...just drop her off--we love her here--not to mention that I'm --Not sick---Not pregnant with twins, and Not husbandless--so....do it okay? Thanks!

bre said...

Hahaha....I laughed way hard when I read this at school. I think they're going to start thinking I'm nuts..

Oh well..

She's a nerd. Maybe you should fly me out there so I can babysit and you can get some rest...I'd LOVE to help out! Love you and miss you!