Saturday, December 6, 2008

10 Positive Things about this Pregnancy

After reading my last blog, I'm feeling pretty guilty about being so negative.  So I've decided to write 10 positive things about this pregnancy.

1.  My husband still thinks I'm hot even when I weigh 50 pounds heavier and look like a bloated cow.

2.  I really do have a healthy, amazing, strong body.  I mean, I'm doing things at 35 weeks that most women with twins at that point CAN'T do.

3.  I have so many wonderful, supportive people, both far away and close by, who love me and offer their love and support without question (see previous posts comments for just an idea).

4.  I'm able to eat whatever the heck I want and NOT feel guilty about it.

5.  I have TWO babies for the price of one.

6.  They're both healthy and strong.

7.  I have a loving Heavenly Father who is ALWAYS aware of me and my needs, and ALWAYS gives me comfort when I need Him.

8.  I have a wonderful husband who will do anything and everything to make sure I'm happy and healthy and comfortable.  I love him so much!!!

9.  I have a beautiful, healthy, ACTIVE little girl who keeps me active and healthy, and who will give me loves just for the heck of it.

10.  Knowing that I get two beautiful babies in the end makes everything worth it!

8 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Shari - I think the 2 for the price of 1 is the best deal :) Just kidding! I loved reading both posts tonight ... but loved your ending on the 10 positive things ... that sounds more like you! Love ya!

Correa Family said...

More like 2 for the price of 1 1/2.... you sound waaay more uncomfortable than I was with both my kids. It takes a strong person to do what you are doing. Isn't it amazing what these bodies that Heavenly Father gave us can do? He wouldn't have blessed you with twins if he knew you couldn't do it.

We're praying for you!

Jennifer Sharpe said...

Your so funny! You don't look like a bloated cow, you just feel like one. I think you look great, especially for carrying two babies. Good idea to do a list, I should think about the positive things more too. I have just been complaining a lot about being pregnant lately. Hey another positive thing is that your boys will have a little girl in the ward close in age they can flirt with! Ha! :0)

bre said...

Do you really get 2 for the price of 1? As in real costs? Cuz that would be super...hmmm...I wonder if I could request to have multiples if that's the case...

I had a dream the other night I had triplets...except they were like miniature, and not real...and I don't remember what happened to them.

Love you, and I still think you are hotT...because that's how you spell it when speaking about one's looks!

Pilkington Family said...

Shari, I hope you are feeling better...we really really REALLY missed you Friday night. I know I have told you a billion times, but am going to say it again. I am here if you need anything. Send Lilli over to play anytime you need. We love you AND your cute little family and cant wait to meet the boys!! Sooo it would be really nice if they would come before we left:) In fact Monday when I get back from doctor appointments I will call you and we will watch lilli for as long as you need:) Emma needs something to keep her busy anyway....I will call you!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Shari you are amazing and your boys are probably looking down on you now just wondering how they got so blessed being able to have you as a mom. Hang in there and know I will sing you some backstreet boys or britney if you need me to at night to help you fall asleep!! Love ya

Emma said...

Shari - I haven't commented for awhile, but I've been reading! :) I think you look fantastic, by the way. I'm impressed that you were able to come up with 10 positive things to say this late into a pregnancy with twins - I think being that far along in any pregnancy is wretched! So, I'm impressed. Miss you and hope you're doing well!

The Fanning's Ark said...

Everyone kept telling us during our twin pregnancies "two for the price of one", the only place that was true was with the OB doctor. Once we hit the hospital to deliver, we were charged for two of everything (nursery fees, etc.)and it hasn't stopped. Oops, did I just take away one of your positives... how about I replace it with #11. You get two babies for the 'price' of ONE Pregnancy! That always put a smile on my face.