Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hospital Visit

This is going to be quick because this is three blogs in a row where I haven't posted any pictures and I don't feel like posting a long post (which I'm sure you're all very happy about).

Anyway, Sunday night I started having consistent contractions, as in about 4-5 minutes apart.  I called the hospital to see if I should go in and they said yes, just so they can monitor me.  Well, on the way they started getting closer and closer together.  I get there and they thought maybe I was dehydrated so they gave me an IV.  Well, my contractions were getting more consistent and stronger.  Not quite the reaction they were hoping for.  So they ended up giving me a shot to stop the contractions.  1 hour later, I was having them again.  They decided to keep me there until the morning.  I was still having consistent contractions, but I wasn't dialating or anything.  The conclusion: they ended up giving me 3 doses of the shot to stop the contractions and sent me home.  By the end, I was exhausted both emotionally and physically.  I thought we'd have babies by now, but nope.  They told me to take it easy and drink lots of fluids.  Needless to say, I was tired and sore.  I just want my babies to be healthy and safe.  I'm frustrated, but I'm sure the doctors know what they're doing.  The babies are the priority and I need to remember that.  I'm still feeling contractions but nothing regular.  We'll see what happens when i turn 36 weeks on Friday.

11 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Shari ... WOW! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that! I'm sure the Lord is very mindful of you and your two little boys! Love ya bunches!!

Ashlie said...

I'm almost surprised they worked so hard to stop it with twins that far along. I guess better safe than sorry though right? Boys don't do as well premie as girls typically so make yourself feel better by telling yourself that. ;) The end is in sight!

Correa Family said...

Numbers, numbers, numbers! That's all doctors care about sometimes! If they babies are ready, then they are ready. Hang in there! You can do it! The babies will be great! Please let us know if you need anything! We can take Lilli for a few hours if you need, dinner... we are here for whatever.

The Fanning's Ark said...

Oww, I remember those shots! They grabbed the back of my arm (the fleshy part) and gave it to me there. It burned soo bad. When the babies are really ready, no amount of shots can keep them from coming. You're going to be amazed at how good you feel after they get here. It won't be long!

Emily, Randy, Baby, and the Pups said...

I am sorry you had to go through that without the award of going home with your babies in your arms instead of your belly! Keep your head up! Love ya!

Brittney K. said...

Closer and closer...you can do it! I love you and am sorry you're having a rough go of it these last few weeks :(

Staci said...

I just have to say.. you have to take more pictures of "the biggness" before the babies come. You can use it as blackmail the rest of thier lives! Hang in there, I know you are probably tired of hearing that.. the end is in sight.. Way to go making it this far.. you rock!

bre said...

For some reason I thought you were already 36 weeks. What are you thinking? Hopefully they come soon though. I had another dream about them this morning. It was weird, cuz i was half awake, and I heard mom on the phone, and I THOUGHT she said something about your babies, so I thought it was you calling, so in my subconscious I was thinking about that, so then I started to dream about them...and yeah...just thought you should know. I want to see some pics of my niece though. I miss her.

Love you. HOpe you are going to be okay!b

Gayle said...

That is the worst, to go through that and then get sent home. BUT, for now it is the best for the babies. Before you know it another week or two will go by and you will have your beautiful boys home with you. Can not wait to see them. Good Luck

Tiffeny said...

Shari you are such a tough cookie. I know how hard the last few weeks are for one baby, but I can not imagine what you must be going through with two baby boys in there! You are such an inspirtation to me. You and your little family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Trent & Emily Davies said...

I just read the good news on Breanne's blog!!! YOU'RE NOT PREGO ANYMORE...wohoo!! I hope everything went well and the boys are healthy! Can't wait to see pictures of them!!