Tuesday, December 2, 2008

11 pounds of baby!!!!

Yes, you read that right!  I had an ultrasound last night (thanks again Pilks for watching Lilli).  The boys are really healthy and as you have read, they both weigh about 5.5 pounds A PIECE!  So the reason I LOOK so big, is because I AM so big!  But I'm so glad they're healthy and big.  I'd rather have them on the big/average side than on the smaller side.  I'll be scheduling a C-section around the 39th week mark, but I honestly don't know that I will be able to last that long.  I'm having a hard enough time now.  The other day I just cried because I was so uncomfortable and miserable.  I hurt everywhere and could barely walk.  I'm also feeling more nauseous.  This too shall pass.  I just want my babies to be safe and healthy!

We've got our Christmas decorations up.  I love it!  Now it really feels more like the season.  Plus I wanted to get everything up before I got too big and before the babies came.  We haven't gotten any of our Christmas shopping done though.  We should probably do that here soon.  Christmas will be small this year, for obvious reasons but that will be okay.  It'll be easier to teach Lilli about the reason we celebrate Christmas.  She might not fully understand, but we can try.  I hope we all remember why we celebrate the season and not lose sight of that.  We need to remember Christ's birth and all He did during his life here on earth.  He is our Savior and He loves us.  He's given us hope, especially in the world today.  I find great peace in that.  

Anyway, hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and have a great December/Christmas! 

11 comments:

Trent & Emily Davies said...

You are seriously amazing...I can't believe I complain about being pregnant I have it easy compared to you! Hang in there and I hope the next couple weeks go by REALLY fast for both of our sakes!

bre said...

Haha...5.5? These are gonna be some BIG BOYS! Lol...that's not funny for you probly, but it's funny to me...hopefully they come soon for you! love you lots!!! Can't wait to see you again...someday..and the babies that I don't even know the names of, and my niece, and my brother in law, whose birthday I remembered, but didn't say anything about, so Happy Late Birthday Ben!! Love you guys!

Lindsay said...

Shari, I think you look so cute pregnant, even if there are two babies inside of you and you probably feel like you are going to burst! It's so cute! It is just so exciting to see that they are alive inside you! I can't wait for that feeling! haha I'm glad everything is going well and you and the boys are healthy!

Amy said...

I can't even imagine. You deserve a good cry! You are doing a lot of work for your family!! I can't wait to see them.

Nacey family said...

Shari,

You are doing awesome. Babies are much better in and getting huge than out too early. C-sections aren't that bad either. Good luck with the next couple of weeks!

Jesika

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Shari ... no need to explain anything to Lilli about BIG or little Christmas ... I'm sure she'll think what she gets is BIG! Little kids don't know the difference either way ... it's just us BIG kids :) We love you guys ... let me know if I can help with anything!!

The Graves Family said...

Glad to hear the babies are thriving. I wish we could be there to meet them. Good luck with the c-section and please let us know when they arrive. We miss you guys!

The Fanning's Ark said...

My boys weighed 6# and 6.2# and I wasn't even walking the last 12 weeks of my pregnancy, you are doing awesome! I'm so excited for you. I remember all of the amazing experiences being a twin mom offers... you are going to do great. Let me know if you need any tips (you usually figure everything out on your own anyway...)

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

I can't believe you those twinners are almost here. You look amazing though! I loved the pic. Keep showing us you wonderful tummy. I am serious though you look amazing and hope things are going well.

Emily, Randy, Baby, and the Pups said...

11 POUNDS!!! Wow, that is pretty big. I can't even image how much stress that would put on your body. You are a strong women!

The Martinez Fam said...

I think you look great for being pregnant with twins!! You're so adorable!! I'll bet you are so miserable though. I know how miserable I get by the end of a pregnancy, and I've never been pregnant with TWO!:) Those babies will be here before ya know it!!