Saturday, December 6, 2008

Venting

I know I've been complaining in my last few blogs and I'm really sorry.  I hate reading blogs that are negative, but I've been feeling a little down the last couple of days.  I just feel like this pregnancy is never going to end.  Yesterday I got really really sick.  It progressively got worse throughout the day.  My body ached, I had a fever, and the chills.  So I felt cold, but I was burning up.  Anyway, I took a hot bath (which probably wasn't the best idea) and stayed in until I felt dizzy and nauseous.  Then laid down and fell asleep at about 5:30pm.  I woke up at 7pm still burning up, so I shed some layers and drank a whole lot of cold water.  Eventually my body cooled down, but I could not get back to sleep until about 9pm.  I was just so uncomfortable.  I finally had to prop myself up and use my body pillow to support my belly.  I had to change sides every half hour or my hips would start to ache.  But I eventually did get some sleep.  I slept without any blankets, that's how hot I was.  And I didn't even get cold.  My poor husband.  He's so wonderful!  He's always asking me what I need and always willing to do whatever.  This pregnancy hasn't been easy for him either and he's been so patient.  I don't know what I'd do without him!

Sorry for complaining.  Right now, I just feel like there's no light at the end of the tunnel and that I'm constantly battling some sort of pain or something always needs to be done.  This wasn't written to get sympathy, I just needed to vent.  I know there IS a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm sure it's going to come soon rather than later and then I'll have something else to vent about.  So I'm over venting and feeling sorry for myself.  Thanks for having the patience to read this.  Sometimes venting does a person good, but now it's time to push on. 

6 comments:

The Sparks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Sparks said...

You are amazing Shari! I don't know how you're doing it. I know how uncomfortable I was with just one, I can't imagine two. You're almost done. Only a couple more weeks at the most. We're so excited for you all.

Ashlie said...

Oh man Shari. All I can say is I'm sorry. I'm having a hard time ever wanting to be pregnant again and keep thinking maybe 3 is plenty. I hate being sick forever and big and uncomfortable and I can only imagine how uncomfortable it must be with twins on board. I always hold on to two sayings from my grandpa and grandma Keller through those times. My grandpa's, "We're just sliding down the razor blade of life." and my grandma's, "This too shall pass." Why my grandpa's makes me feel better I don't know but somehow it does. ;)

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

I remember how uncomfortable and how little sleep I was getting at this stage... can you sleep in a chair at all? That helped for parts of the hard nights...
You can do this! Only a few more weeks and then you can hold them(and others can too!)

The Fanning's Ark said...

Nothing I say will help, I know... but I just wanted to give you my "hang in there". I delivered both times at 36 weeks and babies were all excellent, maybe it won't be as far away as you think. You can do it and when you feel like you can't, vent a little more.

Correa Family said...

Oh Shari, you can do it!!! Hang in there!