Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy baby and a picnic




I keep telling my mom that Aidan is now smiling and cooing.  It's so cute.  I feel blessed because for the most part, both babies are happy.  Last night, Alex was just a laughing and cooing in the bassinett while Aidan was screaming bloody murder.  They take turns.  Saturday night, both babies slept from about 7:30pm to 4am.  Yeah, I felt incredibly rested.  But that was the last night.  I think they're going through a growth spurt because they are eating every 3 hours at nights and every 1.5 to 2 hours during the day.  Do I feel like a milk cow!?  Yes, I do!  But I know that it's worth it for them.  They're growing growing growing.

It's been pretty cold and rainy here, so Sunday Ben made some yummy pulled pork and we thought it would be fun to have a picnic inside, on our bed.  We put a blanket down and had our little picnic.  We had sandwiches, Capri Suns, carrots, apples and chips.  Then, for dessert, we had ice cream.  It was a lot of fun and Lilli loved it!  We might just do it again sometime.  

Lilli has been getting up in the middle of the night and coming down, turning and the tv and making herself quite comfy on the couch.  Several nights now, when we've gotten up with babies, she's been asleep on the couch with the tv on.  It's very frustrating because she's so cranky during the day.  Any ideas for how to get her to stop coming down.  We don't feel comfortable locking her in her room (in case of a fire).  I don't know.  I've also been trying to do different things with Lilli's hair.  This picture I did her hair in piggy tails with messy buns.  She doesn't really like getting her hair done and whines and complains, but its getting so long and needs to be done.  She's a cute one.  

9 comments:

bre said...

Haha! That is so funny about Lilli!! Oh how I love her! Maybe you should send her out here to be with me! I'll take care of her. We will stay up all night then sleep all day! It's perfect!!

I WANNA SEE THOSE BOYS!!!

Love you!

bre said...

By the way...that milk cow reference...It could definitely be deleted from my memory! :)

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Thanks for the updates ... and your Valentine's dinner looks SO yummy ... as for Lilli waking up at night - I know my sister unplugs the tv/turns off the cable so that her little boy can't watch too much tv. So... maybe unplug it before you guys go to bed - then she won't have anything to do when she comes down ... and maybe go back to bed!

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

love the hair do...she looks so sweet like that. well she always does but anyways adorable!

Lindsay said...

Cute pics! I love Lilli's hair! It looks so cute, and that is so fun that the babies are starting to smile! They are so cute! :)

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

Aidan looks so dang cute with his big smile. I miss seeing the babies and Lilli (and you and Ben, of course). I bet Alex and Aidan are getting so big and changing so much. wish you lived closer so we could see you on a regular basis. Love and miss you all!!

Brittney K. said...

Lol..at least she didn't end up w/ way curly hair like mine...then she'd DEFINITELY be whining about getting it done! ...I still am every morning in fact :) way cute tho with the piggy tails! What a great smile...really does look like his daddy huh?!

Jennifer Sharpe said...

What cute kids! I can't wait till Gabriella starts giggling and cooing. Lillie's hair is super cute up like that. I hope everything is going well. I still need to bring some clothes by for the kids that my sister gave me, I keep forgetting.

Staci said...

We used a baby gate, put in her doorway. Then she can only get in and out when you want.. if she is potty trained.. she will be trapped so may not work so well if she has to get up in the night to go potty! Just an Idea..