Friday, March 6, 2009

Life with twins

Yesterday someone asked me if I liked having twins and my immediate reactions was yes.  After thinking about that questions for a while, my answer would still be yes.  I'm not going to pretend that it's been all fun and roses or that I've been super mom.  Honestly, it's been so hard.  The hardest thing I've had to experience.  Recovery with this pregnancy has been hard emotionally; coming off of double the hormones sucks.  There have been days where I haven't wanted to do anything or see anyone.  I've barely been able to bring myself to get out of bed most days.  I really feel like having twins is one of my trials in life.  I NEVER wished to have twins.  EVER.  But the Lord had a different plan.  And while its been doubly hard, its also been doubly rewarding.  I was able to carry these two babies with no complications and they came into this world with very little complications.  I have wonderful friends who help out when they can.  When both babies are screaming, I have a wonderful husband who helps me in every way he can.  He gives me encouragement and supports me.  He practically shoves me out of the house to go hang out with "the girls."  Even though nursing twins is a whole other experience, it really give me a chance to bond with the boys.  I just love watching them.  When Alex is screaming because he doesn't want to nurse, Aidan is looking at me cooing and smiling.  When Aidan is screaming  because he wants to be held, Alex is laying down laughing and cooing.  They melt my heart.  I love my twins and just have to remember that with the hard times also come the good.  It really makes me appreciate the good things in life a lot more.  

Now..........I have to go comfort a screaming, hungry baby!

11 comments:

bre said...

I want to come help you!!! sorry I missed your call. We were just starting lunch. I will call you on Sunday, if that's okay. We're going to SLC tonight and tomorrow. YAY! But I love you and can't wait to talk to you! I for one am glad you have twins, because that's TWO new nephews, and I don't have to wait longer to get a new one! :)

You're a great mommy! Thanks for taking care of Lilli, Alex and Aidan. Love you!!

Brittney K. said...

I concur, You are good..mommy wife, sister, YOU my dear, are FABULOUS! Its nto how u take what u planned..its how u take and LOVE what u didn't and u are doing your very best and that's all they need. I love oyu and am proud to know u!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Having twins can't be easy and it does take a super mom to do that. Your amazing and those kids are very lucky to have you.

Emily, Randy, Baby, and the Pups said...

You are so awesome Shar. You are a great mom and those babies are lucky to have a mom so dedicated! Keep you head up and remember that I love you!

The Martinez Fam said...

You're amazing!! You have such a great outlook on things. I'm sure there have been lots of hard days, but you just keep hangin' in there!!:)

bre said...

Okay, you're gonna think I'm retarded, but tonight I was talking on a scrapbook forum (yeah I need a life!) and there was a lady there named Shari, and I got thinking about how people called you Sherri all the time, and the more I thought about your name, the weirder it seemed, and I actually forgot what your name was, because if you say Shari too much, it just seems REALLY weird...so yeah, it kinda freaked me out because I didn't even know what my own sisters name was! WEIRD!!! (Say your name a lot...it doesn't seem right...) Love you! Wanna see more pics of the babes!

Ellis family said...

I am the Teicherts cousin and I have twins who are 3 and 1/2! I just wanted to congratulate you on yours. They are so much fun, and reading your blog brought back a lot of memories! The good and the bad! I am scrapbooking my twins pictures and miss them as little babies(besides the feedings, I comend you for breasfeeding, that broke me:)) I just wanted to let you know that it does get much easier! I know they come in pairs for a reason, and I do think it is for us mommies, to stretch and grow to become better people! Good luck!

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

You really are a rockstar! I can't imagine what you're going through, but I know you're an amazing lady and mommy. Even though you struggle sometimes, you make it look so effortless! Keep up the good hard work! :)

Jennifer Sharpe said...

Your doing a great job Shari! I know half of what you feel. It's always hard to have a screaming baby. Your kids are lucky to have such a great mom and example. If you ever want another screaming baby around and someone to play with Lilli just call me : ).

Emma said...

I really can't imagine dealing with the demands of two newborns. Or two 2 year olds for that matter! Ben's cousin had two sets of twins that were 2 1/2 years apart in age. Poor woman! Anyway, your babies are beautiful and Lilli is looking so pretty and grown up. Time is really moving too quickly.

bre said...

you are in serious need of a PICTURE update! I NEED PICS TO SCRAP!!!