Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I've Been Tagged!















The rules are that you list 6 facts/habits about yourself then at the end of the post name 6 people that you are going to tag. Then you go into their comments and tell them that they have been tagged. So here it goes:

1. I love my family more than anything. I'm married to a wonderful husband, Ben, who has a big heart and we have a beautiful daughter, Lilli, who is as sassy as ever. Ben and I met in 2001, my sophomore year at BYU-Idaho. We got to be good friends, but nothing more at that time. He had a big crush on one of my roommates and I was dating someone (who eventually became Ben's roommate). We lost touch for a couple of years and then happened to meet up in the Snow building in January 2004 (which was a blessing because my best friend and roommate had just graduated that December before and I was feeling a little down). Ben was getting his temple recommend and I had just come from getting a calling from my bishop. I wasn't even going to say hi (I wasn't in the mood to talk; I can't remember why), but I felt guilty so I went over and talked to him. After that, he got a little push from one of the bishopric in his ward and he asked me out. We were engaged in May of 2004, he joined the Air Force in June of 2004, and then we were sealed for time and all eternity in the Mt Timpanogas temple on December 18th of 2004. We had Lilli in June of 2006. Lilli was named after my great grandmother, Lillian and Ben's mom, Leigh Ann Hope. Lilli's full name is Lillian Hope. I think it is a beautiful name taken from two very beautiful women who have passed on. I know this is kind of long but I have found so much joy from being married to a wonderful man and having such a beautiful little girl.

2. As I mentioned earlier, we are in the military and I really enjoy it. Granted, there are down sides, but we've been to places I would otherwise not have been to. I'm from a small town (called Cokeville, yes, Cokeville and NO we do not have lots of Coke there) in Wyoming with about 500 people. The most exciting place I had ever been to growing up was.................Provo, UT, to go school shopping. How sad is that! Though in college, my roommates and I took a trip to New York City, where I just so happened to get pick-pocketed (NOT FUN!). That was the extent of my travels. Not that we've been to anyplace super spectacular, but we were in Monterey, CA (loved it! we traveled down south to LA and San Diego). Then we were in San Angelo, TX (let's face it, we all know there's NOTHING exciting there). And now we're here in Augusta, GA with Charleston, Atlanta, Myrtle Beach, and Savannah all within a 3 hour drive. Not bad. We're really wanting to go to England, but that most likely will not happen. Anyway, I feel like we've had it pretty good compared to most people. Most struggle financially and have to worry about health insurance etc, and I feel like we're doing okay. Again, being military isn't all great, but why not make lemonade when life gives you lemons. Or something like that. You know what I mean.

3. What can I say, I love a good television show! This is going to sound bad, but I have a show to watch every night of the week (Lilli is sleeping and Ben is usually too, a quick cat nap before going to work). I know I could read, but I'm done with the Twilight books (I'm so sad), and the Harry Potter's and I don't know what other good books to read. Anyway, I love to watch Dancing With the Stars, The Biggest Loser, Pushing Daisies (so funny), The Office (a family favorite), and some other shows are What Not to Wear, 24, American Idol, and So You Think You Can Dance and Charmed (cheesy I know). Ben likes to watch these with me, too. Except for Charmed, he makes fun of it.

4. I'm a sucker for chocolate. I don't like truffles, but I love anything else with chocolate. I'm on a hot chocolate kick and last night I made the best hot chocolate. I heated some milk up, added some Ovaltine chocolate mix, then added a little Irish Cream creamer. It was delicious! My favorite chocolate candy is Ferrero Rocher. The best (if you like chocolate with hazelnuts)! I also like Almond Rocha's. My mouth is watering, they're so good.

5. I will sit and text my sister on the phone all day, rather than just giving her a call. Ben gets a kick out of it. He doesn't understand why we don't just call each other. I'm not a big fan of talking on the phone. I don't like calling people, unless I absolutely have to. I hope I don't offend anybody. I'm sorry. I just don't like talking on the phone. All of my siblings are like that too. None of us like talking on the phone.

6. I'm adventurous when it comes to food. I'll try new foods every chance I get. Again, being from a small Wyoming town, we only had the basics. Nothing fancy. I had never had sushi until we moved to California and now I love it. It's one of my favorite things to eat. I also love fried oysters. I had never tried those until I got here to Georgia. They're especially delicious on a Po' Boy Sandwich. I'm a big fan of artichokes. I really like fried calamari. They're really good at Macaroni Grill with Marinara sauce. I guess I just love food!!!!

Well, I hope you've enjoyed reading this. I had fun writing it. It's fun to let people know more about me, some interesting facts. Or maybe not so much interesting as never before known facts. Whatever I'm trying to say. The picture was the only one of my I could find where I looked half decent. Enjoy!




7 comments:

Bastianclan said...

Shari,
I really enjoyed reading and getting to know you a little better. It is really fun.
Thanks
Tina

Ferret said...

I loved reading this! I am not a big phone talker either and I LOVE chocolate. You rock ;o)

Ferret said...

The picture of you & Lilli is so cute!!!

bre said...

Haha, it's nice to know that you hate talking on the phone too. That makes me feel better about texting you! Maybe i'll start texting Ben too...he'll learn to love it!!! Anyway, miss you guys!! tell ben hi and give lilli a BIG HUG and kiss for me!! LOVE YA!

Hannah said...

I love Charmed too!!

Unknown said...

I am totally a tv watcher, too! I'm right there with you..I have one good show each night...but my list is somewhat the same and slightly different. What can I say? I like my "down time"...as I like to call it. We sure miss you guys...cause you're SO FAR AWAY in the NEW WARD and all!

Beej said...

Hey,
I'm an old aquaintance of Ben's, and I just want to say that me and my husband LOVE the Office, too. I'm really sad and scared about this writer's strike thing... I heard that this week is the last week of new episodes...It's pretty much a tragedy.
Brianna and Spencer