Friday, November 16, 2007

Pop Rocks and Finger Paints!

Wednesday we went to Target to get some stuff and I saw some Pop Rocks on sale. I haven't seen Pop Rocks in a long time, so we bought a few packets. Well, yesterday we were watching a movie so I pulled out the Pop Rocks. Lilli wanted some, so I gave a little bit to her. She loved them! I was opening my mouth so she could hear them "pop" and so she started doing the same thing. After a while, she wasn't quite sure about them. Here are some pictures of her eating some. She got them everywhere.





Then, that night after dinner, Ben and I were doing dishes and all of sudden Lilli comes in just a growling and laughing and screaming. I turned around and this is what I saw!!!!!! She had the mesh bag that holds all of her bath toys over her head! It was funny! Then I turned around again and she had lifted it up off of her mouth so she could eat a leftover noodle (that had fallen on the floor)! What a goof!




Today Lilli found some finger paints I had gotten a little while ago. I had every intention of letting her do it, just not yet. Anyway, she wanted to do it so I let her. I know, I'm either really brave or really dumb. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. She did get paint all over her, butshe had a blast. It was definitely worth it. I think it took more time to get it all set up (of course I had to fully cover my table with paper bags so it wouldn't get destroyed, then had to move all the kitchen chairs away from the table, then had to move the table away from any walls that may have gotten paint on them) than it did to clean up. Anyway, let's just say that she didn't make too big of a mess, but a mess none the less. She had a blast and I had a blast watching her. She was a little hesitant at first because she wasn't sure if she should be making a mess but once I showed her the way to do it, she just went for it. She definitely got a bath afterwards!! Like I said, I had so much fun watching her have fun!!!!! Her face just says it all!

4 comments:

Ferret said...

Oh my gosh these are too cute! Our kids love the pop rocks. Any time we got to brusters they want the pop rock icecream.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

What a fun mom! Benjamin enjoys fingerpainting with anything left on his highchair :) -- We haven't ventured out to the real paints ... oh I'm sure that will be REALLY messy :) Happy painting!

Unknown said...

I bet she has fun with her mom! That last picture under pop rocks is sooooo cute of her!

It's so crazy the kind of imagination kids have.. who would have thought.. a mesh bag.. sounds like fun!

Have you seen that new fingerpaint toy.. special paint that only goes on paper.. I don't know how it works really!

What are your thanksgiving plans!?

Bastianclan said...

Awwee Lilly your mom is teaching you the best things in life. Pop Rocks Rock. Giggles. I think I know what I am getting my kids for christmas a mesh bag. Giggles you love it. you look so cute...