Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving and Black Friday!



I love Thanksgiving! I have been blessed so much and have so much to be grateful for! We were able to spend Thanksgiving Day at our really good friends' the Pilkingtons'. It was a lot of fun, and there was tons of food! I love food!!! This week has been a little rough, so it was a nice change being able to get away from it all. Kind of. Lilli has been sick, and with that, she's had a really bad diaper rash. We're talking, blisters. I just wanted to cry for her! She was still in pain Thanksgiving Day and wasn't too happy, but to be honest, it didn't put too much of a damper on the day. I had also been sick (with a cold) this week, but was feeling better. It's okay for one of us to be sick, but for both of us, it wasn't much fun. But, to look on the positive side, Ben had a few days off and was able to take care of his girls! And he did a great job! We feel so blessed to have such good friends and be able to spend the Holidays with them. It sort of makes up for being so far away from family. Thanks Pilkingtons'!!!!!!

Everyone knows that the Friday right after Thanksgiving is the big shopping day, Black Friday! I never thought that I would be one of those crazy people to get up at 3:30 in the am and go to the early sales, but I did it! I went with my partner in crime, Megan (Pilkington), and it was crazy! I don't think I was meant to get up so early, because Ben had set the alarm for 3:30 but set it for in the afternoon, so Megan had to call and wake me up. Once I got up, it was fine. We went to Wal-Mart first. We got there at around 4am and stayed till the sales went on at 5am. It was like vultures to a dead carcass (sorry for the analogy, but that's seriously how it was). People were mad dashing it to get toys. We did manage to get what we had come for. So then we headed to Target. Prepared for another chaotic event. Their sales started at 6am and we got there around 5:15am. We had to wait out in the freezing cold with just pants,a sweater and flip flops on, waiting for them to open. We both were freezing cold! It was a lot of fun though, and we both got what we came for (and some). Target wasn't as crazy as Wal-Mart was. I seriously would do it all over again, we had such a blast! Needless to say, I was really tired and took a 2 hour nap later (Ben had gotten up at 4am and had to take Lilli to the other Target, just to be sure we got what we wanted). I let him take a nap too.

Anyway, amidst being sick, and the chaotic shopping, and trying to prepare for a talk in church, this week has been a really good week and I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people and celebrate such a fabulous holiday. I love my husband and daughter so much and they bring such happiness in my life! Hope everyone had a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!!!

5 comments:

Ferret said...

Glad you had such a great Thanksgiving! Thanks for helping me out so I wouldn't have to wait so long in the line at target, lol.

Bastianclan said...

aweee I am one of those crazy people. I too was up at 3:30 am only Stephanie and I shopped until noon and then we made a mommy day we didnt' come home until 3:30pm it was awesome... We were at Target when it opened also hummm which one were you at?

bre said...

I can't believe you had fun! Haha...people like that make me laugh. I got to see it all and not really be a part of it. People are NUTS!!! I had to laugh when I pulled into work at 5 a.m. and there was a line of people, and our store didn't even open until 6. It's so funny to me. We even had people with air mattresses..CRAZY PEOPLE!!! But i'm glad you had fun and got what you wanted. Sorry Lilli is not feeling well. hope she gets feeling better..LOVE YA!!! (P.S. I'll post when I download my pics. I'm too lazy to do it now! :)

Unknown said...

Dang! I have not written in forEVER! How is Lilli feeling.. we've been having a grumpy bear over here.. teething! Your so crazy standing in line in flipflops no less!! I used Kennedi as my excuxe not to go out this year!

Victor wants to get Kennedi's ears peirced.. I"m too afraid.. you do it and tell me how it is!! ;)

Jessica said...

Now you really need a girl's night out. When do you want to do it? This Saturday? Dinner and Edward??