Sunday, November 4, 2007

Tired



Lilli loves to play in Sid's crate. She'll close herself in and lay there. It's kind of funny. I went into our room to find her and this is where she was.

I gave Lilli a bowl of noodles with spaghetti sauce, turned around for a minute and this is what I saw!

Lilli was trying to put her bunny in the high chair.


Giving her bunny kisses.


So as you all know, this last week has been very crazy. With Lilli sick, and Ben being home but not really (sleeping from working all night long). Okay, so maybe it doesn't sound like much, but to me it was crazy. So right now I'm feeling a little worn out. Ben has been really great about helping me out, but still, I'm so tired. I just have to vent. I know my troubles don't even compare to some people's but.................I still feel tired and worn out. I'm tired of cooking, and cleaning, and changing diapers, and feeding the dog. I feel horrible for feeling that way but I do. I love my family very much and wouldn't trade them for anything, but it just gets a little tiring. I feel like I'm at that breaking point. Lilli will wake up 2 or 3 times from 7pm (her bedtime) till about 11 or 12 at night. It's very wearisome and I've tried letting her cry it out, but she won't. She gets more and more worked up the longer I leave her. I put her down early tonight (after throwing a fit because we tried sitting her down to say family prayer). She cried for about 30 minutes and I finally went up there. She just needed her binky and now she's sleeping. I feel like we've gotten so used to going up there, that now she just expects it. We didn't used to go soothe her everytime she would cry. There for a while she was doing awesome at not waking up at all, but then it just started one night at a time and now it's EVERY night. Right now I'm in survival mode (and I know all you mom's out there know what I'm talking about). I just keep praying the Lord will help me. And I know He will!!! I mean, Lilli is just too dag gum cute! Look at those pictures. :)


Last week we were asked to attend a Stake meeting and we were told that our ward would be splitting. We are now in the Grovetown ward. We were in the Harlem Ward. I'm excited for the change, and I know most of the people in our new ward. But I will miss a lot of ward members that are still in the Harlem ward. There were so many great people who helped us out with Lilli a lot and were so kind and loving. We're going to miss them. However, I'm very excited for the new experiences and members that have and will come with this new change. I love our ward and I love our ward members. I have made so many wonderful friendships. With a new ward, also comes new callings. Today, I was called to be the Ward Music Director. I will keep conducting during the sacrament hymns, but there are more responsibilities. I don't know what those are yet, but I have to say I'm a little nervous. I'm excited, but scared. I know the Lord gives us callings for a reason. I just have to have faith that he'll lead me along.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Survival mode sucks but it makes you grateful for the good days. You need to get out. Wanna go to lunch sometime? Or go out one night and do whatever we want? Let me know.

bre said...

If you need to send Lilli to live with me for a while so you can have a break, that will be okay!!! I'm sorry it's been a not so good couple of weeks. Hopefully things get better. I'm sure you're being a great mom/wife. I will come stay with you for a while so you can have a bit of a break...(you pay for my flight, and i'll even clean your house, make dinner, and take care of your kid! :) love ya lots!

Bastianclan said...

You know Shari I think "we" would be a "bad mom" if we didn't want a break from the crazyness of life. I know I have felt the same way as you. I mean come on it's not fun doing it all alone. well we are never really alone but lets face it does Heavenly Father come down and change diapers? No He may comfort us and say okay time to change a diaper. Giggles but he doesn't do it for us. it's nice to have help. I feel for you. that was so my life while I was in Maryland. Not so fun. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there. Just when you think your kids have a wonderful schedule they will let you know other wise. Giggles. that's when you change the rules again and let them know who is really BOSS!!!! I'm with Jessica time for a girls night out!!!! lets plan one and have a great time. Not just at the gym. hang in there girl.

Ferret said...

Shari, I totally know how you feel! I feel the same way right now. Hope you feel better soon.

Love the pictures of Lilli.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Shari - I can't believe Lilli can fit in the crate! That is so adorable. What a sweet little girl! Let me know if you and Ben want to do something ... during the day -- since he's on night shifts! I'm sure Benjamin would love a REAL girlfriend that's his age! He will even play "kitchen" or house! -- If she wants to bring a doll -- he will rock the baby ... and say "wock wock"! Have a GREAT Tuesday! You'll be great at your new calling!

Unknown said...

Is Lilli in her Sunday dress, or do dress her up in dresses all the time!? ;) I thought that's how it was going to be with Kennedi, cute little dresses, but after all the spit up.. onsies are great!

You should take Breanne up on her offer, relax and have fun with a sister.. that's the best!

Bastianclan said...

Tag your it. check out my blog to find out details.
tina